PG Music Home
Posted By: funkycornwall Cool Features - Tempo Variation - 11/01/17 08:26 PM
I don't use Realband very often but I have discovered a cool feature. If you record a freely timed miditrack with some varying tempos (like real human beings play) but that also has a proper midi tempo track. So for instance your midi piano track has a fluctuating rhythm some bars are 150 others 145 or 152 etc. If you open this midfile directly in RealBand then the program reads all these tempo fluctuations. Now you can easily add a drum part and this will also follow precisely the rhythm fluctuations. Now you can have a much more human feel to the song with natural tempo variations.

Quick question to more experieced RealBanders. Is there an easy way to add shots, holds and pushes? I am thinking you have to type them in eg C.. or Dm. etc It would be nice if this was made a bit more obvious like it is in BIAB with F5 and alt-F5.

I would not use RealBand as my main DAW but I think it has many useful features over and above BIAB.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Cool Features - Tempo Variation - 11/02/17 03:41 AM
Quote:
Quick question to more experieced RealBanders. Is there an easy way to add shots, holds and pushes? I am thinking you have to type them in eg C.. or Dm. etc It would be nice if this was made a bit more obvious like it is in BIAB with F5 and alt-F5.

You can add shots, holds etc in RealBand the same was as you do this in BiaB, but you must remember to (re-)Generate before playing (Generate Menu at the top of the form).
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Cool Features - Tempo Variation - 11/02/17 05:36 PM
Like this you mean ?

Attached picture RB_Alt_F5_Needed.jpg
Posted By: funkycornwall Re: Cool Features - Tempo Variation - 11/03/17 09:41 AM
Yes that's the page I would like available in the chords window of RealBand. Is this just a mockup?

Cheers

Tony
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Cool Features - Tempo Variation - 11/03/17 09:46 AM
Yes but it should be easy to access as RealBand uses RealBand\Data\bbw2.exe that is much to same as Biab but runs invisible in the background.
© PG Music Forums