PG Music Home
Posted By: Teunis I/O error when trying to save from RealBand - 11/29/17 01:36 AM
Hi, I am fairly new to all this. I decided to give RealBand a try however when I try to save I get a crash and an I/O error. However if I save as an SEQ file it is fine. It only fails if I try to save as a BIAB (SGU or MGU). Any clues would be welcome.
A little more information would be helpful. 1) What is your computer operating system? 2) What version of RealBand are you using? 3) What does the error message say?

For now the best I can suggest is to make sure you are using the most current version of RealBand available for that year.
The I/O error in BBW2.EXE (when saving to MGU/SGU) should not occur in RealBand 2018. (The error was in BBW2.EXE and not RealBand.exe) Also, RB 2018 will now default to saving as .SEQ unless the checkbox in the File Preferences is manually unchecked. Thanks.
As a matter of course, I always save to SEQ first to preserve the work I'm doing, because from there, you can save as other formats. But the master file should ALWAYS be a SEQ file.
© PG Music Forums