PG Music Home
Has anyone come across this problem with the 2018 update?

When I tried to open MGU or SGU files in RB2018 the following warning message came up;
bbw2.exe – System Error
The code execution cannot proceed because libsndfile-1.DLL was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

RB was frozen and had to be shut down using Task Manager.
This happened if I tried to open MGUs or SGUs from within RB or By Right Click and Open With.

I reinstalled RB2018 as suggested but the problem persists this time ,without the warning message. I then did a full reinstall, including new patches,the problem persists but the warning message has returned.

Needless to say, I did not have this problem before the update to 2018, and I find this annual dance around bugs and glitches following an update is becoming very tiresome, especially this year with the update having more cosmetic than useful content.

I will forward this to PGM but I was hoping someone here can help as I don't expect a response before Monday.

Thanks in advance
Make sure libsndfile-1.dll is present in your RealBand\data folder. If not then copy it from the RealBand folder to the data folder.
The RealBand update patch will now fix the misplaced dll issue.

(The program is still build 2, but just install the patch again and it should fix the problem).
To Jeff Yankauer,
Just fixed it following your instructions.
Thanks to you and Andrew for speedy response.

Vintage
Fixed!

Thank you Andrew.
© PG Music Forums