PG Music Home
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Screen resolution problem i RB - 12/29/17 03:54 AM
1920x1080 is my screen resolution I need to use in order to have text and items big enough for me to see clearly on my big 47 inches Flat screen TV. In this resolution I have been use to that I can't minimize the VST window in BiaB, because it just disappear out of sight. But today I worked in RB and would generate a RT there. A yellow window came up telling me it was initializing something. Then nothing more happens, and wherever I click, I get that sound that I know there is a window open some place that I need to click ok or something, but I cant see it, so I have to force lock down RB... If there is no fix for this, then RB is useless for me...
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Screen resolution problem i RB - 12/29/17 05:38 AM
Perhaps don't be too quick to name the blame Leo, because it may be something else.

Try this:
Right-click on the task-bar and select one of the below. Then click on the RealBand item that you believe is giving you issues, or <Alt><Tab> through the items, reviewing any screens that me be expecting some user input. Maybe you can coax the problem window looking for some input from you to the front.

It's possible that it was expecting a response from you when you then clicked on something else, leaving it in some sore of limbo.

And remember, we're just users, like you.

Attached picture 2017-12-29_19-35-24.jpg
Posted By: CoolBreeze Re: Screen resolution problem i RB - 12/29/17 12:01 PM
Yes, it does happen with my setup. What I noticed is that if I move the track up some, then the vst window will open. It has actually happened to me twice, where I couldn't click on anything until I hit the escape key because I couldn't find the window.

I have a dual monitor setup.
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Re: Screen resolution problem i RB - 12/29/17 07:30 PM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Perhaps don't be too quick to name the blame Leo, because it may be something else.

Try this:
Right-click on the task-bar and select one of the below. Then click on the RealBand item that you believe is giving you issues, or <Alt><Tab> through the items, reviewing any screens that me be expecting some user input. Maybe you can coax the problem window looking for some input from you to the front.

It's possible that it was expecting a response from you when you then clicked on something else, leaving it in some sore of limbo.

And remember, we're just users, like you.
I did not ment to name any blame, just want to solve this problem...;)

I tried all the tips u describe, but there just is no other windows to be seen, that is related to RB in any way...
Posted By: rharv Re: Screen resolution problem i RB - 12/29/17 09:56 PM
Quote:
In this resolution I have been use to that I can't minimize the VST window in BiaB, because it just disappear out of sight. But today I worked in RB and would generate a RT there. A yellow window came up telling me it was initializing something. Then nothing more happens, and wherever I click, I get that sound that I know there is a window open some place that I need to click ok or something, but I cant see it

The Yellow window you mention most likely says it is initializing the accompaniment function (normal).

It sounds to me that you are correct assuming RB has a window open somewhere expecting you to click something.
I'd first make sure my Styles and RealTracks were pointed at the correct directory (that may hang the above mentioned Yellow message process). My gut says that is not the issue, though.

Here, if I hold the Windows Logo key and then tap the Tab key, I get a graphical display of open windows.
Not sure if this will help, but if you tinker a bit you can rotate through the windows and bring the desired one forward (at least here) by tapping the Tab key while still holding the Windows key.

Attached picture HiddenWindow-Window_Tab.jpg
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Re: Screen resolution problem i RB - 12/30/17 12:25 AM
Thank's for trying to helping me out rharv... The windows key does nothing here.. But the alt does, and as I mention, there is no windows related to RB.. I also made sure RB is pointed to the right directory, to no avail.... Must be something else..
© PG Music Forums