PG Music Home
Posted By: Del RB2018 USB Audio not staying where set - 01/01/18 12:23 PM
I had to switch my audio outputs for Realband over to USB shortly after upgrading to RB2018_4_0. I set the Windows 'Volume Mixer' for Realband down to 10 and have my speakers output within the 'Volume Mixer' set to about 50 as shown in Volume mixer1.jpg

Now when I close and re-open Realband the mixer setting for Realband goes to the same level as the speakers as shown in Volume mixer2.jpg

I don't see any of my other audio applications doing this with my volume sliders. Tested Biab2018 and it leaves the slider wherever it was set when re-opening the application.

Just wondering if anyone else is seeing this or if it is something on my computer. I'm running Windows7 with all current patches and virus protection.

Attached picture Volume mixer1.JPG
Attached picture Volume mixer2.JPG
Posted By: sslechta Re: RB2018 USB Audio not staying where set - 01/01/18 12:56 PM
What looks weird to me is that the icon for RealBand looks different before and after. Almost seems like it's launched a different version or location of RealBand. ...or maybe different permissions.
Posted By: Del Re: RB2018 USB Audio not staying where set - 01/01/18 01:30 PM
Thanks Steve, I hadn't noticed that before.

I did more testing and verified Realband 2018_4_0 was being launched each time. Also checked permissions and tried Run as Admin but that didn't change anything.

Turns out if I don't close the Windows Volume Mixer window and reopen Realband, then it shows up like the second picture above. If I close Realband and the Volume Mixer window, then the Realband Icon shows as in the first picture but the volume level still changes to whatever the speakers output level is.

I tried Biab 2018 again and the volume level stays at whatever it was set to last time it was used.
Posted By: Del Re: RB2018 USB Audio not staying where set - 01/03/18 07:24 PM
I spoke with tech support today and they convinced me that it isn't an issue with the software but with my recording setup. I went back to using the analog audio output driver instead of the USB audio output driver.
© PG Music Forums