PG Music Home
Posted By: KSlatt0327 ERROR when choosing PROTOTYPE option! - 01/24/18 02:18 AM
Hi,

I just noticed when I click on the <Prototype> option in the stylepicker, I get an ERROR that comes up with BBW.EXE.

Kevin.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: ERROR when choosing PROTOTYPE option! - 01/24/18 03:30 AM
Kevin,

What do you mean by <Prototype>? It's not a term I'm familiar with and I cannot see anything in Stylepicker that mentions prototype.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: KSlatt0327 Re: ERROR when choosing PROTOTYPE option! - 01/24/18 03:52 AM
Hi Noel,

When I go into Stylepicker, right click on a style, and click on "Mark as Prototype..." I get an error box that comes up.

Kevin.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: ERROR when choosing PROTOTYPE option! - 01/24/18 06:24 AM
Thanks Kevin.

I've never noticed that before even though I've opened that menu many, many times! I appreciate your letting me know about it.

I get the same error, too.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: jford Re: ERROR when choosing PROTOTYPE option! - 01/24/18 02:11 PM
"Prototype" is a description that BIAB/RB used to have back in the old-style style picker which then disappeared when the new style picker interface was created. It was actually added back in by my request.

"Prototype" is used to identify styles that are similar to the one you designate as a prototype, without going through all the other filtering options.

So, let's say I find a style is close to what I want (as in it is, for example, even versus swing, 110 tempo, 4/4, and some other parameters I would have to look up right now), I would use the "prototype" feature to list other styles that match those parameters.

It worked when it was re-introduced, but seems to be broken in the new version now. My guess it will be an easy fix.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: ERROR when choosing PROTOTYPE option! - 01/24/18 03:59 PM
I thought this was fixed for BiaB in Build 508 as seen in this post

I didn't realise that RealBand was still affected.
Posted By: jford Re: ERROR when choosing PROTOTYPE option! - 01/24/18 04:51 PM
BIAB has had two updates (508 and 509) since the last RealBand update (build 4 on Dec 18th). I suspect that may be related to the problem.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: ERROR when choosing PROTOTYPE option! - 01/24/18 04:52 PM
Originally Posted By: jford
"Prototype" is a description that BIAB/RB used to have back in the old-style style picker which then disappeared when the new style picker interface was created. It was actually added back in by my request.

John,

Thank you for requesting this earlier feature. I used to use the equivalent in older versions of BIAB regularly. Now that it's been brought to my attention, I'll definitely be using this regularly, too.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: KSlatt0327 Re: ERROR when choosing PROTOTYPE option! - 01/24/18 06:27 PM
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Originally Posted By: jford

John,

Thank you for requesting this earlier feature. I used to the the equivalent in older versions of BIAB regularly. Now that it's been brought to my attention, I'll definitely be using this regularly, too.

Regards,
Noel

Will this be brought to the attention of the BIAB team so it can be fixed in a future build? Thanks. Kevin
Posted By: jford Re: ERROR when choosing PROTOTYPE option! - 01/24/18 06:29 PM
You should send an email to support@pgmusic.com and reference this thread. I'll report it also.
© PG Music Forums