PG Music Home
I think I read a post that said if I freeze a track in BIAB and then open in RealBand,the tracks are regenerated not played as frozen.

Is that true? I want to freeze a track in BIAB, export to RealBand and save as a seq file for recording in PowerTracks. The seq files open immediately in PT so recording and editing is quicker and simpler. (and I'm used to PT!)
You have nothing to lose by trying this, as long as you don't save the SGU/MGU file in RB ... make sure to Save As a seq file right away.

But I think you are missing the real advantage of using RB in your workflow. I very rarely get all tracks generated just how I want them in BiaB. RB allows me to finish touching up the generated tracks, and try multiple generations of the same tracks to pick through .. before I move on to another DAW to add live stuff.

Edit-
There is a check box in Prefs under Song Generation that affects the behavior of RB when it opens an MGU file.
Maybe unchecking that would help.
I touched on this in another thread I posted and it was suggested to me that I should save the BIAB files as wav files and then open your song in RB, and if those tracks get regenerated you still have the originals to import and then cut the newly regenerated tracks out.

I have not tried this. I have been a RB user since I got this thing like 8 years ago, but the more experienced BIAB people were who suggested that.
thanks to Mikke in live chat! frozen BIAB tracks should stay frozen in RB when they are opened.

thanks for the advice pipeline and rharv

i like to experiment in BIAB then freeze and go to PT for editing and recording. the advantage of a seq file as opposed to exporting a wav file from BIAB is that I get the cords for the harmonizer.
© PG Music Forums