PG Music Home
Posted By: Rich59 External error - 02/03/18 01:39 PM
Undefined external error Error code:1
Happens after my song finishes playing in Realband. I click okay and everything seems fine. Has anyone seen this issue and should I be concerned about it?
Also what does it mean when it says acidize wav file? happens after I convert reaband seq to wav.
Posted By: rharv Re: External error - 02/03/18 02:15 PM
I do not know what that error is, I have never seen it or heard of it.

How are you converting a seq file to WAV?
I just did this a few times using Render-Merge Audio and Dxi to stereo wave file .. and did not receive this message, though I do recall seeing it at times. Maybe I found a way to shut that off.

Acidize adds tempo information to the resulting file, which allows/causes some programs to treat it as a loopable item. This can cause it to get time stretched to match the tempo of a given app.

So unless you intend to use it as a loop, and it is playing to a correct set tempo, you are generally better off not acidizing it. It could result in unexpected behavior in some players.

Under the Render menu is an option to Acidize this file .. clicking that shows you get the option to add tempo, time signature and key for a given audio file.
Posted By: Rich59 Re: External error - 02/03/18 02:21 PM
I saved it as a wav file. I am now geting the same message in BIAB and cannot get a signal to either realband or BIAb to record. I am using a tascam audio interface
Posted By: rharv Re: External error - 02/03/18 02:31 PM
Well it does say the error is external, maybe it is not in BiaB/RB but rather in the interface.

Can it record using Windows Sound Recorder?
Is the unit working OK otherwise in other software?

Does the bit rate on the interface match Biab/RB? BiaB requires 16/44 audio .. RB can be changed to match the device if needed.
Posted By: Rich59 Re: External error Solved - 02/03/18 02:58 PM
Windows kept telling me the drivers were up to date on the Tascam. I went to their website and was able to update the driver and all is fine. Just realized when windows is telling you the drivers are up to date they are referring to their generic drivers.
Posted By: rharv Re: External error Solved - 02/03/18 06:14 PM
Yep. Windows only knows if it has the latest Windows drivers, always worth checking the manufacturer for updates.

Also worth noting; Windows allows rolling back drivers, so sometimes after an update you may find joy going back to a previous version of a given driver.

If the newest one works, use it.
But as a last hope option, reverting backwards can also sometimes bring joy.
I once had to roll back my Delta 1010 drivers to a couple updates prior. On that particular machine the older drivers played nice .. the newer ones didn't.
So, learning from this, I downloaded and saved a few versions of the drivers while I could, in case I couldn't later.

Glad you figgered it out!
© PG Music Forums