PG Music Home
Posted By: Rich59 audio recording not lin sync wtih song - 02/07/18 12:02 PM
Every time I try to record audio it is out of sync with the song I created originally in BIAB. There are only two real tracks in the song, no midi. The vocal track on playback is always behind. Please help. tech support is not open for a couple of hours.

Figured it out. I originally saved track as a punch in. Do not know why that is an option yet but that is what messed up my timing. Explanation wanted please. I need to better understand what I am doing.
Thanks Rich
The punch in feature is designed to record in sections or phrases of a larger recording piece. A punch in/punch out is many times use to re-record a section of a larger recorder where a mistake has been made or a performance is sub par so as to not have to redo the complete recording again. Over time, you will find it to be a very useful tool.

Some people record a track in phrases rather than attempt to record a complete recording from start to finish.
Posted By: rharv Re: audio recording not lin sync wtih song - 02/07/18 09:31 PM
I'm curious. How do you save track as punch-in?

I've used RB for many years don't recall seeing that option.
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: audio recording not lin sync wtih song - 02/07/18 10:13 PM
As familiar as I am with sub par performanxce, let me add that if I need to do that I just record the "patch" to another track and paste it over the clam.
Posted By: Rich59 Re: audio recording not lin sync wtih song - 02/08/18 01:56 PM
A dialog box comes up after I finish recording in RB 2018 asking if I want to save the take as a punch in.
Posted By: jford Re: audio recording not lin sync wtih song - 02/08/18 03:19 PM
Sounds like you have "punch-in" turned on. When you record and punch-in is turned on, it is basically asking whether you want to save the entire take, or only in the defined punch-in region. That doesn't affect whether the timing is off (as that is usually a soundcard/computer configuration issue), but the feature is there to ensure you don't lose a whole take because you left punch-in enabled.
Posted By: rharv Re: audio recording not lin sync wtih song - 02/08/18 09:04 PM
The subject and the post content are difficult to tie together.
They appear like 2 different issues.

The Punch In setting is right beside the record button in the newer version. Uncheck any boxes for punch in, unless you intended to do that.

If the subject is accurate and the new audio is out of sync; is it consistently off or does it waver?

How are you listening to the existing tracks while you are recording the new audio tracks?

Posted By: Rich59 Re: audio recording not lin sync wtih song - 02/09/18 08:29 AM
I stated in an edit on my original post that I solved the sync issue. That is no longer a problem. I guess I should have put that information as a reply instead.
© PG Music Forums