PG Music Home
Posted By: jford Cakewalk TTS-1 - 02/09/18 01:03 AM
This just started for me (it worked fine last week when I recorded a song I was working on).

If I try to select Cakewalk TTS-1 as my default synth, I get an error message saying:

"Sorry, RealBand cannot make connection with "Cakewalk TTS-1"

and when I click OK, I get another message box:

"Error loading the synth into the default slot."

However, if load the Coyote WT or the Coyote Forte, everything works just fine.

Great, so I figured there was something wrong with TTS-1 (32-bit), so I reloaded it (I used Music Creator to do so, because there isn't just an install program for TTS-1).

I then tested TTS-1 in Music Creator, as well as in Reaper, and it worked just fine there. But in RealBand, I get the two error boxes.

I'm also getting the same thing in PowerTracks 2017.

I'll play around with it some more, but it's really weird and I've never had a problem using TTS-1 in, I don't know, a decade or so. Coyote also works fine in PowerTracks.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 - 02/09/18 02:12 AM
John,

TTS-1 is working ok for me. I'm testing the latest build right now.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 - 02/09/18 08:45 AM
If I read the PG Music 'dare to compare' site right, Cakewalk TTS-1 is the same as the Edirol Hypercanvas.

Is there an up to date version available anywhere? I have a curious situation where I have to load an update then load the main cd. It works but its clunky and I wondered if there is an alternative. For some tracks I prefer it to Coyote Forte.

On my version one of the kick drums is not responsive to velocity changes. Is the TTS-1?
Posted By: Mike Head Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 - 02/09/18 09:37 AM
Hi John

That’s a tricky one
Is it possible that you have some how moved tts1 to a different location /path since you last scanned for plug ins ,
By accident maybe by dragging the mouse.
Just a thought
Mike
ps. I guess not if it shows up as an available synth but just not load.

Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 - 02/09/18 03:32 PM
John,

On my computer I have a 64 bit TTS-1 (courtesy of Sonar Home Studio) and 32 bit TTS-1 (courtesy of Cakewalk Music Creator 6). The 64 bit version was installed AFTER the 32 bit version.

After the 64 bit install I received a RealBand error message and had to disassociate RealBand from the 32 bit TTS-1, reboot and associate once more. I'm sorry but I don't remember the exact steps but RealBand has to forget about TTS-1 then re-associate.
Posted By: jford Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 - 02/09/18 04:08 PM
The weird thing is it worked a few days ago, and I haven't installed anything new from Cakewalk recently (for obvious reasons). I did try to re-install TTS-1 (32-bit from Music Creator 7).

I will probably try to remove it from the DX(i) list, then scan again and see if it picks it up. If that doesn't work, I'll try deleting the associated DX(i) related text files in the RealBand (and PTPA folders) and see if that fixes it.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 - 02/09/18 04:21 PM
Please keep us advised. I'm sure all of us that use TTS-1 may need to search for this thread sometime in the future and knowing how you fix it will be helpful.
Posted By: jford Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 - 02/09/18 04:25 PM
Sure will. Weird problem, but I'll get to the bottom of it. I know it's there, because the other 32-bit DAWs see it and can use it. It's just with RealBand/PTPA that I get the error message now (which I haven't seen before, well, ever...).
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 - 02/09/18 11:16 PM
John

sounds EXACTLY like you have the 64 bit version "active" not the 32 bit - MUSIC Creator 7 DEFAULTS to 64-bit at install time (so triple check) when it does it installs 64 bit add-ons by default

The 64 bit TTS-1 ddl will show up as 5,973 KB ( in win 10 explorer) and the 32 bit version will show up as 5,887 KB

(need to find that old thread that tells you how to have both versions)

here is a HANDY little app you need to add to your toolbox - looks at ANY dll and exe and TELLS you if its 32 or 64 and other useful info it's called PE Deconstruct

https://computingabdn.com/2016/01/05/32-vs-64-bit-in-windows-what-kind-your-binary-is/

Larry
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 - 02/10/18 03:52 AM
John,

I think this is Larry's post that he was talking about.

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=282967

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: jford Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 - 02/10/18 08:53 PM
Well, I think I've sort of figured it out.

There was a post about generating audio harmonies using the built-in TC-Helicon harmonizer and the sample file "Listen". This problem cropped up while I was trying to replicate the original poster's problem with that file.

Well, it looks like TTS-1 craps out when I load that particular file. I don't know if it's because it's such an old file, but I get an error selecting TTS-1 when using that file. If I open any one of my own generated files, TTS-1 works fine.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 - 02/10/18 08:59 PM
That's interesting and EXCELLENT detective work, John!

Thanks for passing the information on. I'll have try a little later today to see how 'Listen" goes for me.
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 - 02/11/18 12:19 AM
Yep that's the one

way overkill but allows you to easily switch back and forth without re-installing.

I never could figure out how to get regsvr to work but I didn't spend any time after first try either

Larry
Posted By: rharv Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 - 02/11/18 11:16 AM
That file is 16/22k and sets RB to be 16/22 which is the likely underlying cause. .. (and why it sounds terrible). Solo the vocal in the original; a ton of artifacts.
The 4 part sample has the same issue but a bit more hidden.

You can change your bitrate to 16/44 after opening the song, which doesn't make it sound any better but may allow the TTS-1 to be used.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 - 02/11/18 02:30 PM
Originally Posted By: Noel96
John,

I think this is Larry's post that he was talking about.

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=282967

Regards,
Noel

Anyway one of you beta testers can ask a forum moderator to move Larry's post and resulting discussion to Tips & Tricks and make it a sticky note?

Another suggestion: Perhaps PG Support could copy the information and post it to the support FAQ section.
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 - 02/11/18 06:55 PM
Well then John everything I said ....just (like SNL's Emily Litella) "never mind!" grin

Glad you got it
Larry
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 - 02/17/18 04:16 PM
Originally Posted By: Bob Calver
On my version one of the kick drums is not responsive to velocity changes. Is the TTS-1?

Yes, it's both with the Hypercanvass and the TTS-1. The velocity is stuck at 127 for the kick. I haven't used either in some time but I remember when I invoked it RB popped up a message box saying something like do you want to change the kick drum patch? Click yes and velocity issue goes away. It's possible you may like the tone of the original kick better but if it's stuck at 127 it's useless.

If you're not seeing that message then you'll have to go into the control panel of either synth and change the kick drum there then save it as a custom user patch.

Bob
Posted By: MarioD Re: Cakewalk TTS-1 - 02/17/18 05:08 PM
Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
Originally Posted By: Bob Calver

Yes, it's both with the Hypercanvass and the TTS-1. The velocity is stuck at 127 for the kick. I haven't used either in some time but I remember when I invoked it RB popped up a message box saying something like do you want to change the kick drum patch? Click yes and velocity issue goes away. It's possible you may like the tone of the original kick better but if it's stuck at 127 it's useless.

If you're not seeing that message then you'll have to go into the control panel of either synth and change the kick drum there then save it as a custom user patch.

Bob

I know that, at least in Sonar, you could change things like velocity for the kick and save that patch as a new one. Then when you load your new custom patch the change, in this case velocity, was OK. I think that was a TTS-1 thing and not a Sonar thing but I do not know for sure but you may want try it and see.
© PG Music Forums