PG Music Home
I brought a BIAB song that features a solo into RealBand and it looks like there's two tracks for the solo: a MIDI track and a generated audio track that greatly improves on the MIDI track.

My question is this: if I ask another MIDI track to my song in RealBand, how can I manually do the same thing to the MIDI track that either RealBand or BIAB did automatically, that is turn it into an improved audio track without changing the notes (as selecting a RealTrack appears to do)?

I would appreciate any help you can provide. I am very new at both BIAB and RB.
How was this Solo created in BiaB?
It sounds like RB may have generated a RT and also generated the RealChart for the RT. A Realchart is a MIDI track that holds the notation for the RT and often its label starts with RC.

Or are you saying that track played the same notes as it did in BiaB but it just sounds better?
Thanks for your response. No sign of RC in the track name. Basically, I am saying the MIDI track plays the same notes as the audio track, so how can I do the same for other MIDI tracks that I add myself?
What's the name and number of the Realtrack?

I'll check it out.
In RB you can assign any given MIDI track to any given 'Port'. These Ports in turn get assigned a synth.

So if you record a MIDI track you can make any synth or sound play it.

In other words, you can use a generic GM synth for the basic MIDI tracks, and then assign any other MIDI track to a (different) 'Port', which can then get assigned to any available synth. So any MIDI track can use any available synth.
For soft synths, this means you can have multiple copies of the same synth open but using different sounds (by having separate instances running on separate Ports)..

Lots of flexible routing options in RB.
Thanks rharv. Can you briefly tell me how to assign a MIDI track to a port and how to assign a port to a synth? Thanks so much
Just a sec, I have some screen shots somewhere.

Right-click a MIDI track and select Port.
The top Ports in the list will be hardware.
Below those 16 will be the softsynth ports.
At the very bottom will be the default synth port.

Attached picture RBPorts.jpg
Thanks so much rharv
© PG Music Forums