PG Music Home
Access violation at address 009B0AEE in module 'RealBand.exe'. Read of address 00000D80.

Latest build and using windows 10 (have tried running RB as admin).

EDIT - please read the follow up posts.
Change your audio settings.

There have been a lot of crashes with Windows error message reported in the forum since the WAS audio setting was introduced in 2018 edition. You may be able to continue using the current audio setting but just the act of changing the setting, closing RealBand then opening the program once more may be enough to continue operation.

If you're not recording audio then MME seems to be the most stable audio setting and both Band-in-a-Box and RealBand can be open at the same time when one or both programs are using the MME audio setting. When recording audio you likely want to use either your audio interface's ASIO driver or WAS to minimize latency.

Also, have you tried opening RealBand then importing the Band-in-a-Box SGU or MGU file? Have you tried various *GU files to make sure a file is not causing the crash?
Thanks Jim.

I'm trying to open BIAB sgu in RB. What happens is that it generates the instrument files then says it's generating the drums. Next I get the exception and then it hangs and the drums never get generated.

Strangely this all started the other day when I was working on a song already open within RB and just tried to add a RT drums shaker.

Now I have the access violation when I open a BIAB sgu with a song that has a Real drums washboard. All the other instruments load but not the washboard RT - it just hangs forever after I get the exception. So it's something to do with these RT drums (I'm thinking).

I run the both instruments and drums off the usb hd.
I've just tried generating a BIAB with different drums and it works fine. So there's something going on - with me at least - with the shakers and the washboards. They show up in the drums file but give me that error and then hangs and won't generate.

Will somebody else please make a dummy BIAB song and use a WashboardWorkin(single) and then a song with a Shaker EV(single) and tell me if you get an access violation?

Thank you so much for your help.
Josie
This unfortunately is one of those wacky problems support hopefully can identify after the holiday.

Thank you Jim.

Thank you Noel.
© PG Music Forums