PG Music Home
Posted By: stringbender Unable to add Lyrics in Real Band - 02/12/18 08:14 PM
I must be doing something wrong but I can't figure it out. I go to Notation view and am able to enter Lyrics for the 1st measure but when I try to advance to following measures it does not work. The help says to enter Ctrl right or left arrow which is what I do. Also I see no indication of what measure I'm in. There has got to be a better way! All I am trying to do is add lyrics to a song I've already input chords on. I know this you can't do this on an audio track and so I selected the Midi track but I'm still having the same problem. While I'm on the subject how do I select multiple tracks to print?

I'm Running Real Band Version 2015.
Posted By: stringbender Re: Unable to add Lyrics in Real Band - 02/13/18 05:50 PM
Ok, so I will answer myself in hopes of saving someone else the aggravation I just went through. It appears the only way you can do this in Real Band is to have MIDI notes already in the track. So here's the deal if you only have Audio tracks you first have to select a midi track and then anywhere you want to be able to type in lyrics you have to add a Midi note. You can then go back and delete the note. This is really cumbersome and there should be an easier way to do this. According to support this is better done in BIAB and then ported to RB. It would really be nice if HELP would have indicated that. I'll give BIAB a try to see if it makes it any easier. BTW BIAB does not support .SEQ files. Which is how I had saved the tune that I then wanted to add Lyrics to. Hope this helps someone!
Posted By: jford Re: Unable to add Lyrics in Real Band - 02/14/18 03:20 PM
You don't need to necessarily enter the melody; just bang out the rhythm for the melody (they can all be the same note). It will take as long as listening to the song one time.

Then add the lyrics to those notes, mute that track and you've got your lyrics. The notes ensure that the lyrics align correctly to the music. By muting the track, you keep everything there in case you have to go back and edit anything.
© PG Music Forums