PG Music Home
Posted By: thatsastrat Audio interface issues - 02/21/18 02:13 PM
I have a Lexicon Lambda interface. It is excepted fine in BIAB. However when setting up Real Band it tells me that I do not have the midi driver loaded. Yet it is working in BIAB, Sonar Plat, & Studio One 3. Does anyone have any thoughts. I would love to use Real Band to flesh out ideas and to test out parts using midi and real tracks. Help!
Posted By: rharv Re: Audio interface issues - 02/21/18 09:37 PM
What OS?
Have you gone to Prefs-MIDI Devices to check if the driver is available and simply not selected?
Posted By: thatsastrat Re: Audio interface issues - 02/23/18 01:39 AM
Windows 10. And yes I have went to preferences and tried to select it there but it will not. It says that the driver is not loaded but yet it is and works with the other programs previously listed. Ponderous just ponderous.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Audio interface issues - 02/23/18 11:21 AM
What driver are you using?

If you use ASIO you must open whatever program you want the driver to use FIRST.

ASIO doesn't share itself in multiple programs like MME and other dri can do. Whatever opens first gets the driver. Since there may not be any other midi drivers, the next thing opened that needs one can't find one and pops up that message.
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Audio interface issues - 02/27/18 10:43 PM
Hi Thatsastrat,

What are the exact words of the error messages?

Also, are you selecting the Lambda as a MIDI device, or audio?

I wouldn't bother selecting it as a MIDI device, unless you're using its MIDI Output port to send notes to a hardware synthesizer.

If you're selecting it in the Audio section of Preferences, it'll be worth trying its ASIO driver, as well as MME. One might work better than the other.

I haven't talked to anyone using these old Lexicon units in a while, but do remember them having some issues years ago, and it doesn't look like they've updated the drivers since 2010, so I wouldn't be surprised if there are still some problems.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: CoolBreeze Re: Audio interface issues - 03/13/18 04:47 PM
That's what I started out using, and I'm not even sure if I changed my sig yet, but I'm using a different interface now. I don't recall having any problems with a midi driver.

That problem may be related to having another 3rd party midi driver like Coolsoft installed. You'd probably have to give more info on your setup.
© PG Music Forums