PG Music Home
Posted By: edwardc Access violation at Address 059225A9 - 03/13/18 04:32 AM
Hi, Everyone.

I purchased BIB and RB a long time ago. I opened up RB a number of times in the past, but BIB seemed to do everything I needed so I never really used RB. Recently, after seeing some vids on YouTube, I became interested in using RB and tried to open it, but got the message below.

Access violation at address 064125A9 in module 'Rdas1061.dll'.
Read of address 00000108 at: 064125A9.

The buttons in the dialog box don't respond, but I can close the box by clicking the close button.

I tried impoorting some data, but got the message below.

Access violation at address 059225A9 in module 'Rdas1061.dll'.
Read of address 00000108 at: 059225A9.

I noted similar cases in the past here, but not with the above addresses.

I tried simply closing the error dialog and importing some files, but after the import is complete the above message appears again, and RB freezes up.

When I select the program in task bar to close it, the message below appears.

You are attempting to quit the program during initialization. If you quit now, program will likely crash. Are you sure you want to quit?

Clicking the [Yes] button displays the message below.

Access violation at address 00483AE3 in module 'realband.exe'.
Read of address 000001B0 at: 00483AE3.

I am using RB Version 2014 (1) on a Windows 7 machine.

Any suggestions on how to correct this problem?

Thanks in advance,

EC
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Access violation at Address 059225A9 - 03/13/18 11:35 AM
Ideally, you should contact PG Music Support. They will probably present the best opportunity to assist you with such a problem.

Keep in mind that the version you are using is 4 years old, and support for that version may be limited in terms of reproducing your issue.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Access violation at Address 059225A9 - 03/13/18 04:08 PM
Edward,

Tagging on to Trevor's advice above, a couple of things that you can try in the meantime are...

1. Go to the URL below and download the latest update for Realband 2014. (It's the eighth in the list as the updates are listed for 2018 first and then 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014.)

http://www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm

When you've download it, install it. (Check that the paths are correct when you get to that part of the installation.)

2. To start Realband, try right-clicking on the start-up shortcut and selecting "Run as administrator". (Using the "Run as administrator" mode often solves some problems.)

Regards,
Noel
Hi Edward,

Though keeping RealBand updated is a good idea, it won't help with this problem, as this appears to be a driver issue.

That Rdas1061.dll file that's named as the culprit in the error message is the driver for a Roland interface. Was your Roland device connected when you opened RealBand? If it was, there's likely an issue with its driver, and reinstalling it should solve the problem.

If it wasn't connected, then connecting it and then opening RealBand again should solve the problem. If that's not possible, deleting the files "rb.cfg" and "realband.ini" from the RealBand folder (usually C:\RealBand) will return RealBand to factory settings, and allow it to open without trying to connect to the device.

With most interfaces, if you open RealBand without connecting the previously selected interface, it would just cause output to be silent, but for some reason we get a crash if it's a Roland driver. I'll double-check to make sure this is on the bug list.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Hi Edward,

When this error appears, does it offer to send us an error report? If so, please send it to support@pgmusic.com, so I can forward the error report to the development team.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
First, let me send out my sincere thanks to VideoTrack, Noel96 and Kent for taking the time to come back with advice.
I am happy to report that I was able to resolve the issue, and here is a summary of the process for everyone’s future reference.

1. According to Kent, the Rdas1061.dll file is the driver for a Roland Interface. The only Roland device connected to the computer in question is an old UA-4FX USB Audio Capture, which seemed to be working just fine. It was sending audio from the computer to desktop speakers without any problem.

2. I went to Control Panel to check the UA-4FX setup, but when I clicked on the icon I got an error message telling me, “Connect your device to change its settings.” As I said above, the device is connected and seemingly working fine. I tried moving it to another nearby USB port, but this did not resolve the problem.

3. I went to the Roland support site for the UA-4FX and did a search on connection problems, and came across the following: “Set the ADVANCED DRIVER switch on the side of the unit to ON.” I took a look and the switch on my unit was set to OFF. Simply sliding the ADVANCED DRIVER switch to ON displayed my driver setup and also eliminated my RealBand problem.

Thanks again, everyone. You folks were a big, big help.

Sincerely,

EC
Excellent EC, and thanks for taking the time to advise how you resolved the issue. This is likely to assist others who may encounter the same problem.
Hi Edward,

Thanks for letting us know about that switch!

Cheers
Kent
PG Music
© PG Music Forums