PG Music Home
Posted By: Phil Babylon Realband won't stay on top of screen - 03/13/18 03:17 PM
Hi all,
Lately I seem to be having difficulty with Realband. Whenever I action certain commands - notably render, save a file, open a new file - Realband disappears from the screen and I have to click the icon on the Windows taskbar to bring it back.

Anyone got any thoughts?

All help gratefully received by this non-tech savvy guy

Regards

Phil
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Realband won't stay on top of screen - 03/13/18 04:47 PM
Phil,

Are you talking RB 2018?

Also, do you have the latest build installed?

http://www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm

To check, build... have a look under "Help | About Realband". The update number will be in brackets following the year version of Realband.

Lastly, Does it make any difference if you start RB by right-clicking on the shortcut and selecting "Run as administrator"?

Regards,
Noel
Hi. Yes I have 2018 with the latest update. But this is a problem that began before the update and is continuing after applying the it.

I always start up the program as administrator. Since seeing your reply I am have tried Not running the program as an administrator. That seemed to make no difference. However, when I set it to run in compatability mode with Windows 8, everything suddenly seems OK!

I'm using 64 bit Windows (if that has any consequence - sorry well out of my technical knowledge base here!).

Thoughts?

Regards

Phil
Posted By: rharv Re: Realband won't stay on top of screen - 03/13/18 07:41 PM
Thanks for letting us know what seems to have worked for you.
That's a new finding as far as I know. Good detective work.

Since W8 is available as a compatibility mode I assume you are running W10 (?)
Yep running Windows 10 64 bit.

I think the last time I remotely understood what I was doing was with Windows XP!

Regards

Phil
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Realband won't stay on top of screen - 03/14/18 09:20 AM
Very interesting sleuth work Phil.

Well worth keeping in mind.
© PG Music Forums