PG Music Home
Posted By: eddie1261 Real Band instruments question - 03/29/18 10:27 PM
This may or not be the same answer for both RB and BIAB.

Consider that for this example there are 3 styles in the example. Call them Rock1, Rock2 and Rock3.

Now say I want to create a solo with a slide guitar. I select my measures, go to generate where I can select the instrument I want, and pick slide guitar. If the window opens and shows me 10 slide guitar options, does that tell me that in all of Real Band there are only 10 slide guitars? Or does it tell me that there are only 10 slide guitars for THAT style?

Now,if I wanted to use 3 other styles called Blues1, Blues2 and Blues3, and selected measures and went to generate a solo, would I see only those 10 slide guitars, or maybe more? So I guess my question comes down to this. Do different styles have different samples available for like instruments?

I was using a rock style today on a song that SCREAMED for a slide guitar solo and when I went to create it, I had TWO options for soloists. The rest were rhythm choices. Seems like with all the stuff we have available to us that I'd have more than 2 slide guitar solo choices.
Posted By: dcuny Re: Real Band instruments question - 03/30/18 02:03 PM
Originally Posted By: eddie1261
I was using a rock style today on a song that SCREAMED for a slide guitar solo and when I went to create it, I had TWO options for soloists. The rest were rhythm choices. Seems like with all the stuff we have available to us that I'd have more than 2 slide guitar solo choices.

You'd think that, but you'd be wrong. frown

Time to start voting for some more slide guitar tracks.
Posted By: CeeBee Re: Real Band instruments question - 03/31/18 05:16 AM
Originally Posted By: dcuny

Time to start voting for some more slide guitar tracks.

+1
Posted By: Lloyd S Re: Real Band instruments question - 03/31/18 11:21 AM
eddie:

You may want to add that to the "Styles and RealTracks Wishlist".

Good luck!
LLOYD S
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Real Band instruments question - 03/31/18 08:26 PM
Generate a dozen tracks and comp away. Assuming the tempo range is acceptable. And, I don’t remember, but if they have the DI option then you can add whatever amp sim you have for different sounds.

It’s tedious at times but I mostly enjoy chopping up several solo tracks to create one I like. I’ll typically comp at the bar level but for seques back into a vocal or another instrument it might me a single note.

FWIW

Bud
Posted By: silvertones Re: Real Band instruments question - 04/07/18 07:23 PM
If you,ve ever messed around with making your own RT you would see that you would play many variations. Some things are a one measure phrase others can be 8 measure phrase.So ven though you have only 3 soloist RTs, each time you regenerate it will be subtly different.
The RTs from PG are very complex with many variations.Open one of the folders and check out the audio files for 1 RT.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Real Band instruments question - 04/09/18 10:56 AM
Comping is your friend because it will never generate the same thing twice. Close at times but never exact.
© PG Music Forums