PG Music Home
Posted By: Antho1965 Converting stereo tracks to mono - 05/04/18 01:32 PM
So I recorded my vocal in RB but forgot my input was mono and now the recording is in stereo. In BB it is very easy to convert this stereo recording to mono, but I have no idea how this is done in RB.

Can someone please point me way to do this...

Thanks
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Converting stereo tracks to mono - 05/04/18 03:14 PM
EDIT\Track\Split a stereo track to two mono tracks.
Posted By: rharv Re: Converting stereo tracks to mono - 05/04/18 07:35 PM
Using Charlies method I would then delete one of the resulting tracks, as you only need one of them.

Another less obvious way to do this is to use the same 'Split stereo track to two MONO tracks' options BUT then in the resulting pop up, select the same track for the destination.
This 'merges' both of the stereo channels to one MONO track. wink

Image one below shows selecting the Track and the Split option path (via right-click)

Image 2 shows how to select the same track for both the L/R channel destinations (essentially a Merge)

Image 3 shows the resulting 'merged' MONO track ..

I used the 'split' function, but in the end result I was able to 'merge' the stereo track L/R signals to a single MONO track.

Hope that makes sense and helps ..

Attached picture SplitYetMerge1.jpg
Attached picture SplitYetMerge2..jpg
Attached picture SplitYetMerge3..jpg
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Converting stereo tracks to mono - 05/04/18 08:33 PM
that's a clever trick, rharv. I was not aware of this before. Thanks.

Noel
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Converting stereo tracks to mono - 05/05/18 11:19 AM
Know why this thread is funny in an ironic way? I have been doing this very thing since I started with RB, and Noel never knew of it. Yet Noel has shown me some things he apparently knows very well that I was unaware of. And that's why the forums are so great!!

People helping people by exchanging information. What a concept!!
© PG Music Forums