PG Music Home
The only way I have successfully been able to export a highlighted section of a midi track has been to highlight the section, copy it to a new track and drag that track (containing only the pasted highlight) to the save as midi block in the DAW Drop Station.

Audio can be done several different ways and I've tried some midi methods but they convert the midi to audio before exporting. I want to save the midi notes and copying the snippet to another track and dragging the track to the Drop Station is the only method I've found.

Are there any alternatives? Thanks in advance.
Hi Charlie,

I just highlighted two bars of MIDI, dragged the track number to the Drop station, then dragged from the Drop station to my desktop, and the MIDI file that appeared on the desktop only included those two bars.

So it doesn't look like you need to copy the notes to a new track before exporting.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Originally Posted By: Kent - PG Music
Hi Charlie,

I just highlighted two bars of MIDI, dragged the track number to the Drop station, then dragged from the Drop station to my desktop, and the MIDI file that appeared on the desktop only included those two bars.

So it doesn't look like you need to copy the notes to a new track before exporting.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

I tried again tonight and you are correct. Earlier today, and tonight as well, because the default box to change midi to audio was checked, the two bars I highlighted on my first attempt created files in the Drop Station storage folder but also pasted an audio copy on the first unused track in my project.

It works on the subsequent attempts if I hold the spacebar or unclick the change to audio box but when I drag the track number to the midi block of the Drop Station, it creates two files, a midi and a WAV file. But it does work without having to copy the selection to a blank track first now.

Thanks for helping out.
© PG Music Forums