PG Music Home
Posted By: Rutabago What Have I done Now? - 07/23/18 06:23 PM
Hi All
First, I'm using Windows 7 and BIAB 2018 MegaPak. I have created a number of tunes for backing tracks using Biab then later, saved them in RealBand as sequence files for editing purposes. Again, later a vocal track was added by a now deceased friend. ( I mention this so you realise these are important to me) They have performed well for some time but now they are staggering, not playing smoothly. I have tried muting the added vocal track but this made no difference. I would appreciate any help to solve this issue....Hank
Posted By: silvertones Re: What Have I done Now? - 07/23/18 07:27 PM
In the audio settings change the buffer to 2000, the original default. A previous version lowered it to 200.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: What Have I done Now? - 07/23/18 07:44 PM
Rutabago,

Before doing anything, fully shut down and restart your computer.

Now, as a test, try setting your audio driver to MME and see if that makes a difference.

The settings are under "Options | Preferences" and then the "2-Audio" tab.

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture setting driver to  mme.JPG
Posted By: rharv Re: What Have I done Now? - 07/23/18 09:06 PM
If these are important/precious files, first thing I'd do is make sure I have backups.
Use Save As and rename it as first option .. then look in RealBand/RBBackup to see if a good backup already exists.

Only then would I start experimenting with other options. First and foremost make sure a working copy is saved somewhere.
That's how I work anyway.
When working in Realband, the previous version is saved in the backup folder whenever you save a file .. so you can always get back to a working version should something go awry.

After making sure I have a backup (from when I know it worked) I'll then explore other possibilities.

Sorry, I have many RBBackup folders, but yours should exist in your default RB folder (image below)
Trying File-Open Special, then selecting 'Open Backup File' should quickly allow you to see any backups RB created.

Attached picture RB-openBackup.jpg
Posted By: Rutabago Re: What Have I done Now? - 07/23/18 10:30 PM
TKS Noel
I have it on MME.

Silvertones, Apparently the buffer perameters go from 128 to only 1024 so I set it to 1028 and It seems to have put the midi and audio tracks way out of sync. I am now gradually reducing the buffer to see if I can get them right. As the saying goes " If it ain't one thing it's another.......Thanks Hank
Posted By: Noel96 Re: What Have I done Now? - 07/24/18 06:50 AM
Ok...

Have a look at the image below and see if the tempo and percentage playback are set correctly.

Attached picture tempo settings.JPG
Posted By: silvertones Re: What Have I done Now? - 07/24/18 09:22 AM
Wrong setting. Look at Noel's pic "output bufeer milseconds" set to 2000. I use 4000.
Posted By: Rutabago Re: What Have I done Now? - 07/24/18 07:28 PM
I see I was looking at the input buffer not the output buffer but I am unable to find the output buffer.
I have now made a second copy of each tune as suggested. Thanks for that.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: What Have I done Now? - 07/24/18 08:23 PM
Have a look at my top image (3rd post in the thread)...

The Output Buffer is found under "Options | Prefences | 2. Audio"
Posted By: rharv Re: What Have I done Now? - 07/24/18 08:35 PM
As Noel mentioned look under
"Options | Prefences | 2. Audio"

However, for safety sake, only tinker with one setting at a time. Don't change one, then another. Change one, if it doesn't work set it back to the known previous setting before moving on to change other buffers/drivers.

There can actually quite a few options once you start poking around (image below).
It's OK to do so, I just suggest testing one at a time.

Attached picture buffers.jpg
Posted By: Rutabago Re: What Have I done Now? - 07/25/18 11:43 AM
All is now well (thank you very much) with wave & Real tracks, the only problem now is that wave & midi tracks are out of sync.
Posted By: rharv Re: What Have I done Now? - 07/25/18 04:06 PM
In the Prefs area is a button for adjusting the two to be in time.
Audio Latency Adjust is what I think the button is called.

It launches a window that plays audio piano and MIDI piano at the same time and you turn the dial until they are in sync.

May help.
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: What Have I done Now? - 07/25/18 08:17 PM
Hi Rutabago,

If you go to Options - Preferences - MIDI - MIDI Devices, is "Re-Route MIDI Playback to Default DXi/VSTi Synth" checked? If it isn't, that would cause a sync issue as you've described.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: Rutabago Re: What Have I done Now? - 07/28/18 08:33 PM
Thanks all I have not had a chance to try the sync yet but will get on it first thing tomorrow. ths again
© PG Music Forums