PG Music Home
Posted By: 2bSolo Crashing - 08/09/18 03:45 PM
I am trying to generate RT's in RB. When I do, I get the dreaded yellow banner that says "Initializing Accompaniment Function." Then RB crashes. Every time. Anyone knows what my problem is?

I called PG Music Support. The message said I was calling outside of normal business hours (I wasn't). I left a message; sometimes I get a call, sometimes I don't.

I can tell I am recording again. Seems there is something to post every day. Are other DAW's this tricky and/or glitchy?

Thanks.

2b
Posted By: jford Re: Crashing - 08/09/18 03:56 PM
The banner may be dreaded, but it's part of the process. There are a few things I would try.

1) Assuming you trust PGMusic's software, I would exclude your BIAB and RB folders from your virus scanner (they will also load faster after doing that).

2) If you see "Initializing Accompaniment" pop up, don't click on anything until it's finished. You can usually tell it's done by hovering the mouse over some of the top menu items until they "light up" to show they are available again.

3) Make sure your audio source is set correctly (after you do get in). Occasionally a Windows update makes RB have to reset your audio settings and if maybe you were originally set to ASIO, all of a sudden you are back to WAS.

4) Make sure you haven't installed RB to any system folders (such as C:\Program Files) and make sure your temp folder isn't set to a system folder, either. I have all my PGMusic software installed on C:\Apps\PGMusic\BIAB and C:\Apps\PGMusic\RealBand, etc. My temp folder is set to E:\Audio\Temp\PGMusic.

5) Make sure you have set RealBand to "Run As Administrator" (just right click on the icon, select the compatibility tab, and click on the checkbox next to "run as administrator"). This is different than "being" the administrator of the machine; this is so that the application itself runs with administrative privilege.

Just a few quick things to try. Don't know if it helps, but it's the things I check when things go wonky on my system.
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: Crashing - 08/09/18 04:47 PM
Originally Posted By: 2bSolo
Are other DAW's this tricky and/or glitchy?

Maybe you can generate your RealTracks in BIAB and then switch to a "Real" DAW like Reaper and enjoy a much smoother mixing experience!

My RealBand crashes too. I never know why. I just restart and try again. And something else that drives me crazy is how it gets unresponsive with no indication that it is busy.

I only use RealBand when I need the Multi-riff generation feature. I grab my generated RealTracks and move into a real DAW as soon as possible!
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Crashing - 08/09/18 09:58 PM
Hi 2b,

Is there an error message when RealBand crashes? If so, what does it say?

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: 2bSolo Re: Crashing - 08/10/18 12:08 PM
I set BB and RB per the recommendations from PG Music.

The tempos are matched.

I haven't tried running as Administrator, but I will.

I went back to BB and listened carefully to the RT. It has the same problem.
Posted By: 2bSolo Re: Crashing - 08/10/18 12:14 PM
There is no error message. Just the blue revolving circle.

I appreciate what a great program BB is and I've done some fun things with RB. That said, it seems that RB crashes a lot. And every time there is an update to either program, I read posts about functions that no longer work. Those functions don't get fixed until the next update. So I am now leery of updating my software.

So I have this question: Are these programs very complicated to update and keep everything working? Or is the problem that PG Music just doesn't have the resources to run a full error check?

One last thing: Calling PG's TA line is a bit frustrating. It often is not answered during the days and times it is supposed be operating. If you leave a message, there's a good chance no one will call back.
Posted By: silvertones Re: Crashing - 08/10/18 03:04 PM
I've played live 4 days aweek with RB. I have no issues.
Are you running win 10? Blame Gates,
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Crashing - 08/10/18 04:59 PM
Hi 2b,

Once you got the spinning ball, how long did you wait to see if it would go back to normal? Sometimes the "Initializing accompaniment functions" step takes a while on some computers.

You should definitely be updating your software, or you won't get bug fixes. Updates do fix a lot more issues than they cause, avoiding them is a very bad idea.

Regarding the tech line, we do answer it during posted tech support hours. If you can't get through, it's because the lines are busy with other customers. Yesterday was extremely busy, but you should have been called back. Sorry about that, I'll look into it.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: 2bSolo Re: Crashing - 08/10/18 05:14 PM
Yes, I am running Windows 10.

As I write this, I am on hold with a very nice PG tech named Derrick. He is really trying to get me straightened out.

I updated and the crashing seems to be solved. He is working on a different problem for me now.

Re the call back, if that's not the best way to work with you folks, just let me know. I can e-mail if that's better.

Thanks for your attention to this, Kent.

2b
© PG Music Forums