PG Music Home
I am getting a file name too long when I try to paste Groove Monkee's Megapack into RealBand. I was able to paste it to other directories what has changed?
Which version of RealBand are you running?
Hi Methodman,

What exactly are you pasting into RealBand? Are you pasting one of the MIDI files from that pack into a MIDI track in RealBand, or trying to paste a whole folder of MIDI files into the RealBand folder?

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
v 2015 is the version I am running.
I was dumping the entire Monkee groove mega pack into the Realband folder. and then trying to figure out how to get studio drummer, session drummer and Additive drums to work. They work fine in Sonar but I wanted to examine how the midi controls work in Realband. Session drums seems to crash Realband. and should I be using the drum software to run the patterns. Or CAN i JUST DUMP THE MIDI FILES AND IMPORT THEM INTO REALBAND. That's what I am figuring out.
Quote:
v 2015 is the version I am running.

Prior to v2018, there was a folder length limitation carry-over from previous versions of Window (128 characters versus 260 characters). Jeff Yankauer finally fixed this (after I tracked it down) in the 2018 version of RealBand. Unfortunately, the 2015 (and 2016 and 2017) have the 128 character limitation. The only thing I could think of doing then is to move the content further up the folder hierarchy.

I discovered this when I had SEQ files that wouldn't save when you went 1 character over 128 characters (drive letter plus the path plus the file name).

After Jeff fixed it in 2018, I've had no problems since.
Hi Methodman,

To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't be putting any of that stuff in the RealBand folder anyway. If you ever need to reinstall RealBand, you'll have to move it again so you don't lose the files, so I'd just keep them somewhere else, and only have RealBand in the RealBand folder.

Documents is a great place to keep your work and sample libraries, that's where I put them so they can be accessed be any program. RealBand can open or import files from anywhere.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Originally Posted By: Kent - PG Music
Hi Methodman,

To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't be putting any of that stuff in the RealBand folder anyway. If you ever need to reinstall RealBand, you'll have to move it again so you don't lose the files, so I'd just keep them somewhere else, and only have RealBand in the RealBand folder.

Documents is a great place to keep your work and sample libraries, that's where I put them so they can be accessed be any program. RealBand can open or import files from anywhere.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

I am a little allergic towards storing important data in the documents folder, as it grows and grows that way. I have a 248 GB SSD with two boot sectors. Besides you'll have to back it up a lot, as windows crashes too often to my liking. Always try to store program data and settings to other physical drives as much as i can. Saved the day often .... F
Convert them to type 1 midi file then they should just drag n drop in the old RealBand.
MIDIFileMapper & MIDIFileConverter NAudio

For syncing old RealBand:
Slave Reaper to Biab/RealBand with Midi Sync

To get vst's that don't load to work try MiniHost

Attached picture MIDI-File-Converter_.jpg
© PG Music Forums