PG Music Home
I find it convenient to grab midi files from the web and use them in BIAB. I am currently using BIAB 2014. Often some of the tracks in the file I get are too loud while others are too soft.

I have tried opening the midi file in Realband and using the mixer to change the volumes. After I do so I save the midi file in Realband in open it BIAB. However, the volumes of the tracks are not changed when I play the midi file in BIAB,

What am I doing wrong?
Hi

Yes to make changes made in the RB mixer hard write the events to the mid file see my excerpts from my previous post below
quote:

"Hi again

The Real band mixer volume setting do not get written into the midi events list .
This is true even in a seq file
The difference is when recalled as a seq file they are effective. so they must be being written somewhere as the mixer jumps strait to the right settings on loading the file.
One thing is for sure they wont save as a midi file if not inserted into the events list.
Very strange behavior

Hi All

Well at last I have cracked it:::
I found the insert button at the bottom of the mixer.
This inserts a snapshot of the mixer settings pan vol etc into the events list at the current cursor track time position.
So be careful to rewind to the start if you are setting your overall starting mix.
After that you can insert new snapshots for other parts of the song later in time.

I can see why it was done this way to prevent you inserting volume changes made while playing by saving and forgetting to rewind the file to start.

Even so a warning would have been nice to say mixer values not saved as midi events unless you take a snapshot..
Hope this helps someone in the future"

Mike
I have looked and looked and I cannot find the Insert button you are talking about. Could you give me more info as to where it is?
I found it. I plugged my laptop into a larger monitor and it was able to display. Then on the laptop I set the Task Bar to Auto-hide and now I can see it.

thanks for your help.
© PG Music Forums