PG Music Home
I'm still new to RB. Previously I've produced audio harmonies in PT by using the audio harmony button. I presume the same button in RB works the same way. But reading the manual on the generate menu it says generate audio harmony using BIAB or PT.

Does it work differently to the harmony button or is it a quirk of the menu left over from previous RB versions?
Bob - which version of RealBand are you running?

In 2018, there should be a Green "H" button to generate audio harmonies in the Audio section of the toolbar. The part that says using BIAB or PT is a holdover from before there even was a RealBand (they should probably change that). Before it was available directly in RealBand, you had to either point to PowerTracks or BIAB to use the one there. That's why there is still a setting in RealBand for the location of PowerTracks.

You can also click on "Apply Audio (Vocal) Harmony" from the right-click popup menu (highlight the part of a track you want to generate harmonies for, then right click on the selected area). Just ignore the (using PowerTracks or BBW). It all works fine in RealBand with the TC-Helicon harmony feature.
RB is latest version with latest patch. No problem getting audio harmonies to my vocal track as suggested, but I was just curious about the menu option which seems redundant and confusing.

Usually when I don't understand something it's some amazing functionality I'm missing out on!
Hi guys,

The TC Helicon harmony engine is only licensed to be included in Band-in-a-Box and PowerTracks, so when you use it from within RealBand, RealBand uses the copy of the harmonizer in Band-in-a-Box or PowerTracks, not its own copy. This is why the audio harmonies often won't work in RealBand if Band-in-a-Box is running.

Generally it'll use Band-in-a-Box's copy of the TC Helicon, but since RealBand used to be available on its own, it can use PowerTracks' copy as well if needed

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
thanks Kent - simple answer. the functionality is the same I presume? I have PT 2018 as well so I can always harmonise there. Even though RB has more functions, PT is less complicated for some things and seq files are interchangeable
Correct, the SEQ file formats between PTPA and RB are the same. You just can't regenerate any of the RealTracks or MIDI BIAB tracks in PTPA (but you can RealDrums).

The harmonizer works the same in both programs. Highlight the area to harmonizer, launch it, and make the appropriate settings.
Exactly, they're pretty much the same program in function, other than the ability to generate music using BIAB's Styles and RealTracks.

Cheers
Kent
PG Music
While PTPA can't generate RTs, it will use the chord grid to generate audio harmonies, so make sure you have the correct chord progression if you select chordal harmony.
© PG Music Forums