PG Music Home
Posted By: silvertones 12 String Rickenbaker - 04/27/10 12:19 PM
For Byrds etc.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: 12 String Rickenbaker - 04/27/10 06:53 PM
Hey mister tamborine man play a song for me ........................
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: 12 String Rickenbaker - 05/03/10 06:01 AM
John i bought the group buy sampletank, and the electric guitar collection. Guess what a whole bunch of ricky samples.
Posted By: davemilleruk Re: 12 String Rickenbaker - 05/03/10 05:29 PM
Hi John,
This may be of interest to you, I have it and it's very usable.
Regards,
Dave.

http://www.sonivoxmi.com/ProductDetail.asp?Item=RickGuitar
Posted By: rockstar_not Re: 12 String Rickenbaker - 05/16/10 12:28 PM
John, you play guitar correct? You don't necessarily have to get a Rick to get the Rick sound. Search 'Janglebox' and you'll find a pedal that imparts some EQ'ed compression in a couple of stages to give that Byrds vibe to other electric guitars. I did a half-way decent mockup of it with plugins back a couple of years ago when someone asked the same thing.

Band limited compression; a couple stages of it in series - with some peaks in the EQ as well - that gives a very 'rick' sound to single-coil guitars. I can dig up my signal flow path if you are interested - PM me.

http://janglebox.com/

-Scott
Posted By: filkertom Re: 12 String Rickenbaker - 06/16/10 12:29 AM
I can vouch for the Sonivox noise Dave links to. Good stuff.
Posted By: Shockwave199 Re: 12 String Rickenbaker - 07/03/10 11:07 PM
I bought a line6 variax 600 last year and this very guitar is done quite well in there. So, just spend yourself another 600 bucks or so for this axe! LOL! Anyway, this would be a good inclusion- I agree.

Dan
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: 12 String Rickenbaker - 07/31/10 09:39 PM
+1
I could use a good 12 string ricky RT

Because my primary instrument is guitar, many of the guitar real tracks are redundant to me, because I can already come up with something similar on my own... but I don't have a 12 string Rickenbacker, and that is a sound I can't replicate.

And I haven't heard any guitar modeler that does justice to the sound of a 12 string. To me, the special niche that real tracks fill is in providing great sounds that either can't be reproduced realistically via MIDI, or which require specialty instruments that most musicians don't have, but want to include in their songs. A 12 string Rickenbacker is such an instrument IMHO, and is therefore a good candidate for a RT
© PG Music Forums