PG Music Home
Posted By: BGPooh Metronome For Eight and 16th Notes - 04/09/11 02:48 PM
Feature like play metronome to every eight note (8 times in a bar).
This would verify that all riffs are played right. Normally it plays
to every quarter note.
In very very slow tempos might be handy to play to every 16th note
i.e (16 times in a bar).

Normally metronome is used during recording. But this metronome feature
might also be good training tool during playback.
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: Metronome For Eight and 16th Notes - 04/16/11 05:24 PM
You can easily create a click track by recording whatever sound you want from a drum kit. Since it's midi you can change the sound according to the tune. Some you may want a stick click other's you may like a hi hat maybe there's one you want a kick drum click. Just do 2 bars maybe, go to the Bars window and copy it as long as you like. Midi will automatically take the tempo from the current project and a midi click track can be copied to any other project. Do one in 3/4, 4/4, 6/8 whatever you need and save it as "4/4 click" etc. You can also import it into Biab to the melody track.

Bob
Posted By: rockstar_not Re: Metronome For Eight and 16th Notes - 06/21/11 07:39 PM
+1 to BGPooh's suggestion with a +0.25 to Bob's suggestion. I'll explain:

The DAW I use generates it's own click track via MIDI commands to it's own included sampler with a sample set specifically designed for click tracks - so you can pick which midi note/velocity is used for the accent sound and what midi note/velocity is used for the off-accent sounds.

-0.75 to Bob's idea of going and creating your own click tracks that you have to insert as tracks, mute when not wanted, and so forth, thereby taking up unneeded track list space, filenames, etc. Shouldn't be that difficult to divide the click-track clock - it's one of the things PG products do well: PPQ and syncing to other time codes, etc.

In other words, use PG's PPQ built-in timecoding, with MIDI as a sound-source, and give the user easy ways to control that click, but don't make the user create the click or keep track of it.
© PG Music Forums