PG Music Home
Posted By: solidrock Guitar Effects - 08/15/11 12:26 AM
Hello PG,
I have been using Band In A Box for a while now and i have noticed some guitars are recorded dry
and some aren't. The ones that are is great because i can add whatever effects i like with Guitar Rig,
Amplitube or the PG Effects, or i can use them clean.
But when it comes to the guitars with added distortion i can't use them clean or add effects so much.
I tell ya it would be a lot more useful in a wider range of songs if i was able
to use them as a clean instrument or add my own effects.

Bob.
Posted By: dstenning Re: Guitar Effects - 08/21/11 09:54 PM
I agree a ittle bit to this suggestion. However i thnk youll find that most of the time, if a guitar track has been played deliberately to be with a
particular overdriven amp sound, it will sound weird when just played clean.

Sure - reamping it through a different kind of distorted sound would mostly be ok, but I suspect one
would never get the same final result as jst having the finished processed track done as originally intended.

OTOH for tracks originating in a CLEAN sound - like a funky fender or clean solos then this does offer more options.
Posted By: solidrock Re: Guitar Effects - 08/27/11 08:18 PM
I know when i recorded in the studio they actually record the guitars with the current effects as well as a dry track also to enable any changes on the final mixdown. I suppose a bit like with vocals.

Bob.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Guitar Effects - 08/29/11 02:44 AM
Most likely the tracks with effect are recorded off the amp, or amp modeling, as the artist would play it live. These are be design to be metal, rock, country whatever. There are a few clean straight tracks. i am sure they have a touch of effect, but are clean for clean tracks. Maybe we need a few more of those.

I have not really tried to add much effect to the overdriven, and distorted tracks. Maybe some light compression, or flange, or phaser, or reverb or hhhmmm lots of options.

Ask for specific sounds, that might get more response.
Posted By: solidrock Re: Guitar Effects - 12/08/11 08:54 AM
Thank very much PG for putting this in the 2012 release
© PG Music Forums