PG Music Home
Posted By: rharv Main Out FX shortcut - 08/30/11 12:09 AM
While I'm on the subject of real estate, can we get a button to the main out (mastering) FX setcion? I have plenty of room for a button besdie master volume slider.

I know it's in the section I just asked to be minimized, but when using mastering effects I don't need to see many tracks, so it wouldn't bother me to have that center section then. I only need to see a few tracks at most (for comparison). Then I could call up the output FX in a single click instead of opening mixer, opening output FX, and closing mixer to see the tracks again. One click replaces three.

The button could be labeled better, but you get the idea. I go thru that routine 20 times in a session so it would save me hundreds of clicks on a project.
Posted By: Ian Fraser Re: Main Out FX shortcut - 08/30/11 02:08 PM
What about a floating output section, Bob?

+1 on the idea.

Maybe there should be a "Workflow" Wishlist.

Ian
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Main Out FX shortcut - 09/01/11 05:18 PM
If you have looked at Sonar X1 it has the option to place the master output buss to the side vertically while the tracks run horizontally. I like this so that while monitoring the tracks, and watch the master and add limiting, EQ, and such and adjust those while i also work with the tracks individually. It also has the option to click a track, and that one track will appear next to the master strip. thus you can work with two at a time and still see the others.
© PG Music Forums