PG Music Home
Posted By: CeeBee Solo tracks in realband - 11/27/11 12:20 PM
There is a mute button on each track, but what is missing is a solo button. This would make things much easier than muting each track to get a solo.
Posted By: rharv Re: Solo tracks in realband - 11/27/11 12:35 PM
Highlite the track you want to solo and click on the big 'S' in a circle button.

It's in that middle song generation section.
Posted By: rharv Re: Solo tracks in realband - 12/03/11 05:52 PM
There is now a solo button on each track in ver. 2012
Posted By: Brian K Re: Solo tracks in realband - 12/03/11 10:40 PM
This is pasted from the help files in RB.

Solo Mode

Note: The Solo button solos a group of all selected tracks, not just the current track.

You can toggle RealBand in and out of Solo mode by pressing the Solo button. When in Solo mode, you will only the currently selected group of tracks (assuming you haven't muted them). You won't hear any of the other tracks. The Solo button will remain pressed to indicate RealBand is in Solo mode.

Solo BB Bass and Drums Tracks

To hear just the BB tracks for bass and drums tracks hold down the Ctrl key while clicking on the Solo button.
Posted By: Brian K Re: Solo tracks in realband - 12/03/11 10:44 PM
Oops! Meant to add that I can't find the button.
Posted By: rharv Re: Solo tracks in realband - 12/03/11 10:49 PM
In previous versions, it is a circle with the letter 'S' in it (in the song generation section under the tool bars, but above tracks window)

New current version has a button on each track..
Posted By: LynB Re: Solo tracks in realband - 12/05/11 03:18 PM
I think there is confusion in the way that SOLO works now and in previous versions of RB. In 2012 there are solo buttons on each track whereas previously you could used the overall SOLO button and select which tracks to solo by highlighting the tracks togther with either the Shift or Control Buttons. The latter functionalty was an easy way to test groups of tracks and the highlighted tracks much easier to see than a host of small solo buttons The SOLO Button can still be used to cancel all soloed tracks.

I would prefer that the functionality between highlighting a track and being able to hear that track playing in Solo mode should be returned.
Posted By: musocity Re: Solo tracks in realband - 12/10/11 11:52 AM
Quote:

There is now a solo button on each track in ver. 2012

yea comes in handy solo buttons on each track, that was a good idea they come up with.
Posted By: solidrock Re: Solo tracks in realband - 12/10/11 10:20 PM
There seems to be a bug, it says soloed but the yellow light goes out when you click
out on a track.
Has anyone else got this problem ?
or is it just me lol.

Bob.

Edit: it only seems to go out on tracks that have an effect/s on them,
one you remove the effect/s it stays yellow.
Posted By: rharv Re: Solo tracks in realband - 12/10/11 11:20 PM
I don't see what you are saying. Explain 'click out on a track' part. I solo'd a track (using little button on track)
I selected different tracks .. clicked on the waveform display area .. solo button stayed lit. What version/build of RB? Updated?

I admit I have a different look than most, but that particular button should still be acting the same.
Posted By: rharv Re: Solo tracks in realband - 12/10/11 11:41 PM
Ahhh,

I went and tried this on a different system and I see it now (duplicated it). It also acts sporadic after it turns off.
Nice catch.
Posted By: MitchC Re: Solo tracks in realband - 12/11/11 12:33 AM
Yep, the yellow solo light goes dim if you click on another track or even on the waveform of the same track. (Tracks view)

This does NOT happen on MIDI tracks BTW and does not happen in the Mixer view. (for me at least). Solo light stays yellow.
Posted By: rharv Re: Solo tracks in realband - 12/11/11 12:59 AM
Should be a topic in RB section, not wishlist. Might get more attention from development there at this time of year.
Posted By: MitchC Re: Solo tracks in realband - 12/11/11 01:13 AM
Good idea. I just opened a thread in RB forum, noting Solidrock's original post from above.
© PG Music Forums