PG Music Home
Hi all,

I always had the dream of writing/producing some piece of music and somehow selling it to make some decent money. Granted, I love music and using BB/RB as a hobby and passion, regardless of trying to make some $$$ from it, but the remote possibility fuels some of my daydreams.

I think I recall reading that once you buy BB/RB, you're free to create and use all the music generated by them in compositions that you sell - no royalties or copyright permissions required (please correct me if I'm wrong).

All that said, I'm wondering if anyone can reference some individuals that have written and sold a large number of CDs/MP3 where at least 1 track was generated/composed on BB/RB. If so, what albums/mp3s or songs, and what tracks ?

Regards,
Joe
On the recent Bonjovi album they used the Richie Sambora Real Tracks to generate the lead!.......... or so I'm told.
And trust me, I'd rather listen to Real Band than Richie So-boring any day. The 70's called. They want their talk box back. And next year, can we add a 4th chord? You have those 3 down after 27 years.
Ahh, but RB and BiaB can make those three chords into many more already (don't have to wait until next year Eddie!)
I posted a list of what you need to become a star producer of music on the headphones thread somewhere here. But beware, according to the ex-spurts here, you need a big bank account and a proper room of your own, about 40 by 40 feet, with a movable ceiling.

The furniture is going to be about 3k.

The mac is more expensive.

Near fields, I hope you know them.

Headphones, don't get me started.

A real DAW. RealBand is a toy, get over it.

64 tracks I/O with sidechaining.

A dozen mics. - Pop filters. Weasels. (For the pop to go).

None of the above matters. If you have talent, and know someone who...you get the picture.
Don't know what you consider a 'large number' of CD's/MP3s .. but when realtracks first came out Ed Bulmer, a member here, made a CD using some realtracks and it ended up doing OK for him, a song or two got used for a TV show and some other promotion if I recall..

I know of other studios where they have been used, but not sure how they have sold.

I've made a CD using RB that sold hundreds of copies, but it didn't have realtracks, we just used RB to record it.
Not sure why it posted twice .. my fault
Now Rharv, that is getting very forgetful!

Old age is Bob's fault!
© PG Music Forums