PG Music Home
Posted By: LawTunes Real SurfGuitar and Real BackupSingers - 07/24/08 09:54 PM
Since Dick Dale, the Ventures, Brian Wilson, Mike Love, Alan Jardine, Dean Torrence, and the Fantastic Baggys all have better things to do than jam with the LawTunes, these are what I wish for.
Posted By: Mac Re: Real SurfGuitar and Real BackupSingers - 07/25/08 03:57 AM
I dunno, from what I've seen, Dick will play ANY gig, man. <snick>
Quote:

I dunno, from what I've seen, Dick will play ANY gig, man. <snick>

And take credit for other people's work, as well. Don't get me started on Dick Dale; it gets real ugly, real quick.
Posted By: Mac Re: Real SurfGuitar and Real BackupSingers - 07/29/08 04:12 PM
LOL Harvey! (wink)
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Real SurfGuitar and Real BackupSingers - 08/07/08 07:36 PM
Why not Real lead singer and we can all just type in a song and take a nap!

As long as they do not make a Real Beer Drinker we are all right
Posted By: Flatfoot Re: Real SurfGuitar and Real BackupSingers - 08/27/08 05:17 AM

Give me RealGirlfriendSinger! Give me RealMaceoParker! Give me Talent-in-a-Box!
Posted By: billml Re: Real SurfGuitar and Real BackupSingers - 09/30/08 01:27 AM
Real Beer Drinker

I'd opt for that.

Talent-in-a-Box--uh, that is what real band is. Actually might be a better name. Cuz band in a box is "crappy midi in a box unless you know how to make midi instruments sound kinda real"
Posted By: billml Re: Real BackupSingers - 09/30/08 01:41 AM
I'd kill for RealBackupSingers. Real band is killer for slapping together production tracks for radio, but it's very linear. Fruityloops is not so linear, and has all sorts of voices. I'd kill for real singers that go yeah yeah yeah, ooh, wow, one of a kind, the best, bargain, price blowout, listen here, the best, limited time, no nonsense, incredible, etc, that could be tempo and pitched up to fit real band. This may be your niche, PG. If you can do this with instruments, why not with singers, and make it a pack? I'd pay extra for that. Just as long as they didn't go "aboot" and "eh".
Posted By: filkertom Re: Real BackupSingers - 09/30/08 10:06 PM
There are some loop sets out there that do exactly that. Sony has ILONA! and Pocket Diva, and the various eJay products have lots of vocal phrases. I've also recently broken down (no, not the leg, smart guy) and purchased Vocaloid Prima, which converts MIDI to female vocals. Promises to be useful. Pain to download, though.
© PG Music Forums