PG Music Home
Posted By: beatlejohn desperately need real jazz piano - 08/27/08 08:13 PM
This may be in the works , but to make the jazz thing happen we need real jazz piano because that BIAB midi piano is ...well, let's just say I always mute it and play trio style. And while you're at it some more variations of acoustic walking bass.

And something else that would be over the top for aspiring guitarists would be BIAB or midi versions of pro guitar arrangements of classic tunes- in jazz they could be real book tunes. Rock would be stuff like zep songs, crossroads etc. I know this would entail licensing but there is nothing like this kind of thing I know of. I know that the master guitarist programs have some of this in the jazz genre but the tunes dont have the original melodies ( even though based on classics) and I think while these are worthwhile programs the songs being unfamiliar is a barrier to real musical instruction with real classic songs. The good part is that when you've spent the time to learn a classic you have a real song you can play that people will instantly recognize.

hey this is a wish list so I can dream
Posted By: Mac Re: desperately need real jazz piano - 08/27/08 09:51 PM
You gonna pay the Royalties or Licensing fees?

That's the problem.

--Mac
Posted By: MartinB Re: desperately need real jazz piano - 08/30/08 06:01 PM
Quote:

This may be in the works , but to make the jazz thing happen we need real jazz piano because that BIAB midi piano is ...

Get a decent sample box or one of those magnificent piano VSTs available these days - way better than cluttering you HD with just another bunch of audio data.
Posted By: WienSam Re: desperately need real jazz piano - 09/06/08 12:39 AM
Check out these VSTi plug-ins for Piano, Rhodes and e-Piano: 4Front

They sound great!
Posted By: beatlejohn Re: desperately need real jazz piano - 09/18/08 07:14 PM
Well the VSTs may be great but you have to have a track or play a track and I dont play piano.. Its not the sound of the BIAB piano -- its the phony sounding repetitive comping figures--- my point is simply if real tracks is a viable thing then jazz piano should be basic to it.
Posted By: beatlejohn Re: desperately need real jazz piano - 09/18/08 08:59 PM
to mac, I dont know what the licensing fees would be but I would pay a lot for pro note for note BIAB or PT guitar arrangements of real classics .. I am studying with a real master player, Ted Ludwig from New Orleans ( himself a student of Hank Mackie and Steve Mazokowski) and its great but he aint cheap either --- if you have all day every day to practice and/or have ears like Mozart you probably dont need stuff like this but for weekend warriors this is a real fast track to learning. So yes I would pay a lot more for really cool versions of real songs.
Posted By: Mike Laatz Re: desperately need real jazz piano - 10/02/08 09:44 AM
I just had a listen to the 4front plug-ins; they sound amazing. How would I go about loading these sounds so that my Band-in-a-box uses them? I see they offer a 40-day trial for free, after which one would need to fork out a fairly large amount of cash. But if it works, it's worth it.
© PG Music Forums