PG Music Home
Posted By: Beagle Solo Tracks - 09/01/08 04:14 PM
I haven't read thru all of the requests here, so I may be duplicating this one, if so I apologize.

I would love to be able to solo individual or several of the tracks instead of muting the ones I don't want to hear. Often I want only one or two tracks playing while I'm working and if I have to mute all of the other tracks that makes it more difficult than just soloing one or two.
Posted By: Mac Re: Solo Tracks - 09/01/08 09:55 PM
Look to the left of the Title Window, Beagle, underneath the "User" button there is an S in a blue circle, that's the Solo button.

You can select multiple tracks by holding down the ctrl key.

Why it isn't located where the X and the checkmark are in Tracks View is a headscratcher but I presume there was a coding reason...

--Mac
Posted By: filkertom Re: Solo Tracks - 09/02/08 10:55 PM
Yeah, but -- and this is where RealBand is really falling apart for me -- they don't have the Solo and Mute buttons on each track like every other DAW out there does.

I'm working up a larger post, but it's gonna come down to this: RB's basic editing features violate too many conventions that everyone else is used to. Conformity is not necessarily a good thing, but the slightest bit of familiarity would help. And this is just one example of a lot of things that are simply not going to sell RB to anyone who's ever used another multitracking program.
Posted By: Beagle Re: Solo Tracks - 09/02/08 11:08 PM
Ah - yes, I see that button now, Mac, thanks.

but I have to agree with Tom on this one. that's the reason I didn't see it before because I was looking on the track properties itself instead of up on the menu bar.
Posted By: Mac Re: Solo Tracks - 09/04/08 06:26 PM
Did you read my last sentence up there?
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Solo Tracks - 09/16/08 11:06 PM
I try not to scratch my head, cause it messes up both my hairs!
© PG Music Forums