PG Music Home
Posted By: NoKey Behvior of individual windows - 12/05/08 08:32 AM
It would be very useful if all sub-windows could be moved OUT of the Mother-one, as is the case for the BigLyrics Window.

As is, it's often difficult to squeeze things down, and move about, windows within a window. Often the monitor screen has room, but it can not be utilized when sub-screens are captive by the Main-One.

Thanks!
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Behvior of individual windows - 12/10/08 11:34 PM
Does a dual screen setup help? I mean having the lyrics on the side would allow you to adjust the tracks without having to constantly move that around.
Posted By: Lawrie Re: Behvior of individual windows - 12/11/08 12:01 AM
Quote:

Does a dual screen setup help?

Yes! - in general, but not so much with BIAB. I run dual 22" widescreens - they are great, but with the current BIAB window setup (I don't use RB but I understand the window arrangement is the same) I lose pretty much all the advantages. The only exception is that I can move the lead sheet window to the other screen and see/edit without losing it - BTW, it updates in real time.

I really want scalable windows!
Posted By: NoKey Re: Behvior of individual windows - 12/11/08 01:34 PM
I have FOUR Desktops in the XP and I can see the big lyics on one, and B4 organ, and other thngs I want to have on, but as Lowry says, it's not a solution.

Two screens is better, for I have to hit a key to flip them.

The desktops I make with a microsoft power toy, free.

I'd hope it be not too difficult for the enhancement to be developed, if PG people agree.
Posted By: Scott Emery Re: Behvior of individual windows - 01/01/09 02:58 AM
The window behavior is a bit non-standard, and I have been wondering at the reasoning behind it. Why keep the minimized icons at the bottom? Is it because PG wants persistance (i.e., retain the data) in the individual windows? Is there a better way to accomplish this? If we have to have the minimized windows that we can't destroy, can we get them to snap to a grid along the bottom of the parent window so at least they stay somewhat organized and take up a minimum of prime screen real estate?
Posted By: Mac Re: Behvior of individual windows - 01/01/09 07:38 PM
I pull the window I'm using down overtop of them, access for any of them can be gotten to via the Windows menubar anyway.

And I agree, they ARE always in the way down there.

--Mac
© PG Music Forums