PG Music Home
Posted By: marty c GUI adjustment - 03/13/14 10:32 AM
Because of my screen resolution, I can't see 100% of the New and impressive GUI. I wish this could somehow be compensated for. Either allow us to change our desktop icons in the GUI (I don't use them all) or another setting that allows us to see 100% of the screen. Most important for me is the CPU meter.
Posted By: sixchannel Re: GUI adjustment - 03/14/14 07:32 PM
You can adjust screen res in Control Panel on your PC.
Is that not possible?
Ian
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: GUI adjustment - 03/16/14 03:12 AM
Originally Posted By: sixchannel
You can adjust screen res in Control Panel on your PC.
Is that not possible?
Ian

You can only adjust up to the maximum that the Graphics Adapter will allow. On some systems especially laptops, that may be less than the screen layout uses, and therefore some controls are 'out of reach'.

One way might be the use of a horizontal scroll bars on the entire top toolbar panel. You could then scroll the contents so that items 'off to the right of the screen' could be brought into view.

+1 anyway, something needs to be done.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: GUI adjustment - 03/16/14 03:31 AM
Something like this would work:

Attached picture 2014-03-16_14-22-00.jpg
Posted By: marty c Re: GUI adjustment - 03/17/14 01:13 AM
Video track. That's a great idea. How do you do that?
Posted By: solidrock Re: GUI adjustment - 03/17/14 05:25 AM
and you can have "Options" also to adjust it how you like:

Attached picture toolbar_options.jpg
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: GUI adjustment - 03/17/14 10:53 AM
Originally Posted By: marty c
Video track. That's a great idea. How do you do that?

Hi Marty, thanks for your kind appraisal. However, unfortunately, it's only a bit a graphic 'editing' which I did to think through my ideas for a better, more workable solution. So sadly, it's a static screen concept for now.

Also, Solidrock's great idea is a 'concept' design, so you won't find it on your version frown .

However, with support of others, I hope that PGM development team might adopt such an idea, it really would allow the new graphical user interface to offer all of the on-screen functionality, and shouldn't be a major effort to implement. Anyone with a computer with less than the required screen pixel 'width' has this problem. Me included.

(+1 anybody?)

Best regards

Trevor

Posted By: solidrock Re: GUI adjustment - 03/17/14 12:12 PM
It's just RB2013 so they went backward lol.
Posted By: solidrock Re: GUI adjustment - 03/18/14 05:56 AM
Adjustable.MP4
Adjustable.WMV
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: GUI adjustment - 03/18/14 12:15 PM
Originally Posted By: solidrock

I like it. Nice work....
Posted By: musiclover Re: GUI adjustment - 03/31/14 07:58 PM
A big +1 to this idea of VideoTrack's as I have the same problem, in notation view rest box not showing and in mixer record mixer moves not showing.

Musiclover
© PG Music Forums