PG Music Home
Posted By: Texrat VST version of RealBand - 04/26/09 06:08 PM
Has PG Music considered the idea of creating a VST engine version of RealBand? It would be cool to access the capabilities directly from programs like Sonar... and I'd be willing to buy it!
Posted By: Jeff Yankauer Re: VST version of RealBand - 05/16/09 05:58 PM
RealBand does let you use VST and, I believe, VSTi effects too. However, I believe there is an issue with the types of effects that require time synchronization, such as drum machine plugins. Those could only currently be used as sound sources.
Posted By: Mac Re: VST version of RealBand - 05/16/09 09:45 PM
Zoooooom!
Posted By: filkertom Re: VST version of RealBand - 05/16/09 11:08 PM
I've been wanting a VST version of BIAB for a long time now.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: VST version of RealBand - 05/19/09 05:32 PM
Jeff this is a huge issue, it make using VStis very frustrating. I downloaded the free Kore Player and found like several other VStis i can not control the volume unless i open the event list and change it there and then i can not adjust it still.
Posted By: rockstar_not Re: VST version of RealBand - 06/03/09 04:58 AM
VSTi integration with tempo locking to the VSTi rather than wrapping VST in a DX wrapper is probably one of the biggest hold-backs to PG products in general. Caused me to leave the PG fold. I'd certainly entertain coming back, but I am not giving up Jamstix's jam with audio capability. That's my drummer and he keeps time and doesn't play too loud.
Posted By: Poppa Willis Re: VST version of RealBand - 06/10/09 10:36 PM
Rewire would enable this. Correct?
Posted By: Russell DeMussel Re: VST version of RealBand - 06/14/09 04:28 AM
Quote:

Rewire would enable this. Correct?

It may but I druther see that Real Band was fixed to work right without rewiring it. That's all I need. Another program that makes Real Band do what it already shudda done.
Posted By: MarioD Re: VST version of RealBand - 06/14/09 11:42 AM
Quote:

Zoooooom!

Posted By: silvertones Re: VST version of RealBand - 07/09/09 12:07 PM
TexRat wants the program itself to be a VSTi.
Jammer now does this. You can insert Jammer into Sonar as an instrument.
Posted By: Mac Re: VST version of RealBand - 07/09/09 01:35 PM
Quote:

TexRat wants the program itself to be a VSTi.
Jammer now does this. You can insert Jammer into Sonar as an instrument.

Hold yer cards, we have a winner...

BINGO!
Posted By: Pipeline Re: VST version of RealBand - 03/30/16 04:01 AM
+1
Posted By: jford Re: VST version of RealBand - 03/30/16 11:26 AM
Jammer is MIDI-only, so the challenges of creating a VSTi are different than handling both MIDI and audio properly.

Of course, nothing has happened with Jammer since then. The Jammer web site has been undergoing the same website facelift for many years now (meaning it's basically dead). There have been no updates to Jammer in a long time.

And by the way I am a registered user of Jammer 6 (but not the VSTi plugin, which was a separate purchase) with all their styles and add-ons. Haven't heard a peep from them, other than occasional (but not recently) message to buy what I already have.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: VST version of RealBand - 03/31/16 11:23 PM
if they get that vst sync sorted that will open up a whole new world - being able to use the free re-wire vst to connect with other re-wire daw's - you could have a vst version like fl studio to run real band as a slave as the midi clock didn't work too well as real band needs a pause button for when a pause is sent from the other daw.

Attached picture rb fl vst.jpg
© PG Music Forums