PG Music Home
Posted By: Tobias Preference Dialogs Too Big - 12/28/15 05:43 PM
2016 RealBand each preference window/dialog is so tall that I can not reach the OKAY, CANCEL, HELP buttons at the bottom of each dialog. Even after dragging the Dialog to the top of my screen I still can not reach with mouse/cursor. The OKAY, CANCEL, HELP are silhouetted/opaque behind my Quick Launch Tray/Task Bar. Only way to reach these buttons is to click the cursor into the lowest reachable field then use the TAB button to navigate until I can then hit Enter on the QWERTY. Changing screen resolution changes everything else so I have not tried that. But, it seams there is a lot of unused empty space at the bottom of each Preference Dialog. Can you make these Preference Dialogs shorter or smaller by removing some empty space.
I like to keep the Quick Launch Tray in view for quickly grabbing things there so I prefer to not hide the Quick Launch Tray just for this issue.
Windows 8.1 64bit
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Preference Dialogs Too Big - 12/29/15 01:29 AM
Tobias,
What screen resolution are you running?
I think that this dialog is similar in height to the 2015 version.
I can see the buttons (just) on a screen running 1366 x 768.
Posted By: Tobias Re: Preference Dialogs Too Big - 12/30/15 12:54 AM
1280 X 720. And not going to change it. Also not going hide or auto-hide my task bar. Everything else fits and everything from every other program I use fits. If PG fixes it I'll cheer. If they don't fix it I won't cry about it. I have RB well adjusted to fit my screen. Just seems silly that it does not stay sized within it's own program size.
RealBand itself will not allow me to resize it to intrude into the task bar. But RealBand's preference dialog drops right in behind there with no way to adjust it out.
Posted By: Russell DeMussel Re: Preference Dialogs Too Big - 12/30/15 02:26 PM
Tobias. Why not hide your task bar? I do and it works just fine. If I need something from the task bar I just run my mouse down bring up what I need.

As for screen resolution, If you're like me, you've probably already maxed it out. wink
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Preference Dialogs Too Big - 12/31/15 01:15 AM
Originally Posted By: Tobias
2016 RealBand each preference window/dialog is so tall that I can not reach the OKAY, CANCEL, HELP buttons at the bottom of each dialog. ...

I read this at first as though it was OK in previous versions but not in 2016. Was it OK in previous versions (e.g. 2015)?
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Preference Dialogs Too Big - 12/31/15 05:37 PM
hope this alternative fix might help http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=328084#Post328084
© PG Music Forums