PG Music Home
Posted By: Jay Arnold Realband Volume control troubles - 01/25/16 09:06 PM
Hi. I am having some tracks play at a lower volume sometimes when I insert volume dots. Seems like it might be related to using too many dots? It seems to cause the track to have volume drops until I delete all dots and reinstall them. Anyone else ??

Thanks,

Jay Arnold
Plainfield IN
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Realband Volume control troubles - 01/25/16 10:50 PM
Hi Jay and welcome to the forum. You might get abetter response if you post your question in the RealBand section of the forum. This section is the RealBand Wishlist where you request and explain new features you would like to see in future versions of RealBand.

To answer your question there are two things I can think of. 1) try increasing the resolution of the project. 2) right click on the track then clear all unnecessary nodes.
Posted By: jford Re: Realband Volume control troubles - 01/29/16 12:16 PM
Are these audio or MIDI tracks?

I only ask, because if you inadvertently have two MIDI tracks on assigned to the same MIDI channel (1-16), then the most recent volume adjustment on either track will affect both tracks.
Posted By: Jay Arnold Re: Realband Volume control troubles - 01/29/16 06:34 PM
Hi John. These would be audio tracks.

Jay
Posted By: rharv Re: Realband Volume control troubles - 01/29/16 09:34 PM
Make sure 'Send most recent Patch/Wheel/Controller' is enabled in the MIDI Out preferences dialogue.

You may be hearing the audio track at the volume of the last received volume message instead of the one you currently desire.
In other words, if the last volume message was 20, and you stop and rewind to where the volume should be at 120, but start playback at a point after the message to change it to 120 is sent, it may still have 20 as the current volume unless this is feature is enabled.
This makes it look back and see what the previous controller messages where before playback.

(yes I understand these are audio tracks, but the volume adjustments themselves are MIDI data)
Posted By: Jay Arnold Re: Realband Volume control troubles - 01/30/16 07:41 AM
Thanks for your reply. It was checked. I am going to try to catch a clip of this problem and attach and see if that would help me explain it better.

Jay
Posted By: rharv Re: Realband Volume control troubles - 01/30/16 05:09 PM
Maybe check the Event List and look at the Control Changes and see if you see anything significant.

If you have a set volume to start, and at (for example) bar 13 you insert a dot at a lower volume, it does not immediately drop to the new volume, but instead fades from the initial volume to the new volume.
You may need to insert a second dot at the same volume as the first right before changing it to a lower volume so the volume remains the same until you want it to change.

Could this be what you are hearing?
It is the default behavior; you need to insert 2 dots for sudden volume adjustments.

Attached picture NodeBehavior.jpg
Posted By: Jay Arnold Re: Realband Volume control troubles - 02/09/16 10:11 PM
https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=IMG_4702.MOV

Thanks for trying to help me figure this out. Here is a short video where the steel guitar plays just like it should but when it should fade out it comes back in at full volume. Does that give you any ideas ?

Again, thanks for any ideas,

Jay
Posted By: Jay Arnold Re: Realband Volume control troubles - 02/10/16 08:56 PM
I had a little luck today. I clicked on "cleanup noodles" That seemed to take care of all the problems. Thanks again for taking to time to try to help me.

Jay
© PG Music Forums