PG Music Home
In the RB Tracks window, it would be useful to be able to highlight a list of tracks (e.g. shift-click, ctrl-click) and have a way to size the selected tracks vertically in one event.

Perhaps a menu option under Edit - Track... called "Set track height for selected track(s)".

-and/or-

Perhaps be able to click and drag one of the selected tracks to a new size, and have whatever this new size is be copied to the other selected tracks.

-and/or-

Perhaps be able to click the "disclose" triangle on one of the selected tracks and have it resize all selected tracks accordingly.
+1

This would be useful in RealBand. Although the answer is pretty obvious I assume this request is intended for use primarily for the default Tracks window.
Hi Jim,

Yes, this in in the RB Tracks window. Not quite sure what you mean by "default" tracks window though.

I would tend to use this new functionality whenever I had a set of tracks that I wanted to be a certain height (either minimized, medium, or large).

As an example of wanting a set of tracks set to "medium" height, currently RB has a case where it decides to resize track heights "minimized" after certain menu edits. For example when you go into the RB style picker, and choose a style that has RealTracks (e.g. _AFDG120) and choose "load song demo", RB creates all the tracks from the style, but the first 8 tracks are empty (e.g. MIDI tracks). If you don't want those tracks you can highlight these 8 empty tracks, and choose "Edit - Track - Remove Tracks" and confirm the warning message about removing tracks. After it finishes removing the tracks, you are left with the style's RealTracks beginning on track 1. So far so good, however, for some reson, RB decided to have track 1 at a "normal" height, and tracks 2 thru 8 at a "minimized" height. Not sure why RB wants to do this and here is where the problem lies... It is those 7 tracks that RB "minimized" that contain info you can's see, so you have to individually stretch down the track heights so you can see the track details (e.g. to see on track 2 the text "Fingerpicking Ev 120", on track 3 "Strumming Ev 120", etc.).

Being able to size a set of track heights "large" could also apply if you have tracks with automation and you want to quickly highlight them as a set and see what is going on.

Being able to size a set of track heights "minimized" could happen when you are "done" with some tracks and you want to minimize their heights as a group to give back more screen space for other track you want to focus on.
© PG Music Forums