PG Music Home
Posted By: eddie1261 2 things I would find helpful - 03/10/22 10:54 AM
Why does this software always open with Coyote as the default plugin synth? I want it to me Cakewalk TSS-1. I have to change that every time I start the software.

Also, there should be a rollback feature so if an update doesn't work we can roll it back without having to waste 3 hours reinstalling. Build 4 messed me up completely and there is no way to remove that update and go back to Build 2 (which DOES work).

At least with Windows we can go back and uninstall the latest update if it goes sour. (And it has.)
Posted By: MoultiPass Re: 2 things I would find helpful - 03/10/22 12:07 PM
Originally Posted By: eddie1261
Why does this software always open with Coyote as the default plugin synth? I want it to me Cakewalk TSS-1. I have to change that every time I start the software.

Yes, you can :

Attached picture Capture d’écran 2022-03-10 160106.png
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: 2 things I would find helpful - 03/10/22 03:41 PM
No you can't. Cakewalk's TTS-1 sound module is a DX instrument.

When you attempt to add the .dll file as a plugin you receive a "not a valid plugin error message.

Save default DX synth does not work because the TTS-1 dll file will not load.

The Halion Sonic plugin mentioned above is a VSTi, not DXi plugin. That is why it loads.

You can store past installers in a folder. Then, if you experience issues, install an older build on top of the new build. This works for RealBand as well as Band-in-a-Box. A rollback tool would perform the same task but would also automatically store install files.

I know you don't like to hear about Band-in-a-Box (BiaB) but PG Music has taken a tiny step to enable rollback with the Band-in-a-Box Download Manager. The Download Manager automatically stores BiaB installer files in a folder labeled /BBDownloads. Older installer files are available if they are needed.

Description: 2022 RealBand error message
Attached File
Clipboard01.jpg  (2 downloads)

Description: Save Default DX synth
Attached File
Clipboard02.jpg  (2 downloads)
© PG Music Forums