PG Music Home
Posted By: TheLoneRoger Tag not working - 04/14/23 10:10 AM
I'm trying to create a tag for a song; in the Song Settings I have Tag Exists checked, I have set the tag to start after bar 32, and then play from bar 33 to 36, and clicked 'OK';
Generate 2 bar ending is unchecked.

However, when I reach the end of the song all that happens is that the normal 2 bar ending is playing when I get to bar 33 - the song appears to carry on to bar 36, but nothing is playing.

How to I get it to play what's written?

[BiaB 2020, MacOS 10.14.6, MacBook Pro 15" Mid 2012]
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: Tag not working - 04/14/23 03:03 PM
First, I'm assuming you have more than one chorus, tags don't work otherwise.
From your description, it sounds like you have frozen tracks... unfreeze and regenerate?
Posted By: TheLoneRoger Re: Tag not working - 04/15/23 07:12 AM
In answer to my own question, it appears that changes in song structure are not getting played back as written until I have saved the file, quit Biab and restarted.

This is happening every time I change anything like a repeat or coda; the change is displayed, but does not come out in playback - ?!
Nothing is frozen, btw.
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: Tag not working - 04/18/23 02:10 PM
Disable Fakesheet mode in the chord sheet (button on the Views panel), so that the repeats are expanded and you are seeing all bars in the chord sheet. There are a couple of ways to add repeats - it can either generate or not generate the new bars for you. Viewing all the bars may clarify what's going on. Can you provide a simple specific step-by-step example so that we can try the same here?
© PG Music Forums