PG Music Home
I have a lead sheet that I am trying to print. The key signature is correct on the first staff, but on the following staffs (sp?) the key signature is too high (song is in D Major, and both sharps are WAY above the staff and crashing into chord symbols and on notes. It is all messed up.) Any ideas? I'd attach an image, but I cannot see how to do that here.

Thx,

Fractalbass.

I am running Band-in-a-Box:
Band-in-a-Box® for Macintosh
Version 2022 (611)
64 bit application - Rosetta mode
Originally Posted By: Fractalbass
I have a lead sheet that I am trying to print. The key signature is correct on the first staff, but on the following staffs (sp?) the key signature is too high (song is in D Major, and both sharps are WAY above the staff and crashing into chord symbols and on notes. It is all messed up.) Any ideas? I'd attach an image, but I cannot see how to do that here.

Thx,

Fractalbass.

I am running Band-in-a-Box:
Band-in-a-Box® for Macintosh
Version 2022 (611)
64 bit application - Rosetta mode

Use the File Manager to upload images directly.
Where is the file manager? According to the FAQ, I should be able to see "file manager" when I post or reply, but I cannot see that text, button, or link anywhere on this page in either chrome or firefox.

Anyway, the error looks like this with key signatures on every staff turned off:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PfuidvCw5WElgIFGoBR8te-toXWAn1BZ/view?usp=sharing

and like this with key signatures turned on:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nUrmv9hsMscX00oUkOVRZQ7uItBg6iYo/view?usp=sharing

PG support said to do a "Return to Factory Settings", which I did, but that didn't help. I should mention that I have a chart that is originally in C, and I am trying to produce a transposed part for Bb instruments. I have tried various options to achieve that, and they all seem to result in the key signature being display way above the staff (if I turn on display key signature on every page, I get two of them with what appears to be one set of sharps in the right place, and the other set still flying above the staff.)

I appreciate any help folks can provide!

Miles.
How to attach an image to a forum post: +++ How to Post An Image +++
Keep in mind that newbees do not have access to the "File Manager" until they hit about a dozen posts. Don't ask me why.

But now that we have seen the print output it does not surprize me at all. I stopped trying to do chord chart printouts in BIAB somewhere aroung 2002. crazy
© PG Music Forums