PG Music Home
Posted By: dr_macd Installing Windows version on Parallels 18, - 05/11/23 01:32 PM
Hi Folks

just been told that this is not supported by PG Music, and I get that. But they did suggest that some people have done it.

So if somebody who has done it can give me some tips it would be appreciated. yes I know the 2023 Mac version is out but 160 odd is a little steep for out of work me. ( No sympathy required or asked for )
my BIAB 2022 will have to do.https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/images/icons/default/wink.gif

Any sugestions ( Nice ones ) ;-) ......
Hi dr_macd
I have/was using BIAB WIN 2022 (and earlier versions) on an iMac for several years.
It worked OK but you can get a bit sick of "switching" if most of your other music stuff is on the OSX.
However, Parallels switches pretty seamlessly.
Only problems I found were sorting out some BIAB shortcut keys (which may need to be configured in Parallels and the odd bit of "clicking" (not during playback)with the audio interface, which probably has to do with what USB interface you have.
So, overall I found it worked fine.
I was just waiting for a MAC version I was happy with, this one looks good even though it still has the usual PG Music early release "bugs".
Thanks Beachboy,

Was that the arm version of windows on parallels or the Intel version.
I am currently running a M1 MacBook Pro. ?
Intel
i have an intel macbook pro.
I ran the win version on parallels for a few years.
Probably at least 5 years ago.
Never had any issues with it. Perhaps it ran a little slower. Negligible difference.
Worked fine.

That was then.
© PG Music Forums