PG Music Home
Dear all,

I used to work with BB quite intensively about 15 years ago and now again have the option/need to use it again.

I upgraded to version 2023 and had the hope that - regarding my topic - things might have been improved during the years. But obviously I can't find any improvements.

Maybe it's just me or I am missing something special. I like to "simply" print a lead sheet that looks exactly like the chord view in BB. Including the signs for repetitions and with the chords vertically centered within the bars. I spent hours back in the days and currently to check almost each and every setting without any result.

[img:center]https://app.screencast.com/BmZh4pKll5PAL[/img]

Is there a way to do it? Maybe someone can share specific settings that I am missing?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Hi,

Yes, you can do this. The print preview looks something like this in my test:

In the Print Options dialog, uncheck the "Regular chord position when no staff lines" setting. Then, you can just press [Print Chords Only].

One other thing... if you print in "fake sheet mode", this will show the repeat symbols as in my screenshot above. To do that, print from the Lead Sheet window, having the "Fake sheet mode" box checked there.
Hi Andrew,

thanks so much for your reply. I thought that I would get notified about an answer but this didn't happen. That's why it took so long to get back here.

I tried your recommendation and for the first part it worked. But even though I have "Fake Sheet Mode" set, it doesn't print the repeat symbols. It even just prints the whole song until the repeat symbol and skips everything else. Here is a screenshot from the regular BB view with the settings…

[img]https://app.screencast.com/R3XsaVo64soVq[/img]

… and a link to the result in PDF format.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/15ar19032qe2y1r/Fly%20Me%20To%20The%20Moon.pdf?dl=0

Off topic question: How can I get access to my forum settings? I just found the option to log out and to change my mood but no link to my profile or so.

Thanks again!
Originally Posted By: HaPe1302
Off topic question: How can I get access to my forum settings? I just found the option to log out and to change my mood but no link to my profile or so.

Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
Quote:
I tried your recommendation and for the first part it worked. But even though I have "Fake Sheet Mode" set, it doesn't print the repeat symbols. It even just prints the whole song until the repeat symbol and skips everything else.

1. Open the Lead Sheet window (Ctrl+L)
2. Check the Fake Sheet Mode checkbox.
3. Click Print. On the right, select the "Whole Song" radio button. also, select "Allow ending in fakesheet". This should now print your tag ending.

Quote:
I thought that I would get notified about an answer but this didn't happen.

In the forum navigation bar, go to "My Stuff | Edit Preferences". Make sure to select Yes for the following:

"By default should anything added to your Watch Lists be emailed to you?"

"Default 'Add Topic to Watch List' to true/checked for any post you make?"

You can have topics, forums and/or users on your watch list and when there are any new posts on your watch list, they will show up on the "My Stuff | Watch Lists" page, and you will get emailed if you have that option set to True. (By default they ARE both set to true, but maybe they were changed at some point, or your account was set up before the feature was available.) Also, double-check your email address.
Hi Andrew,

thanks so much for your help. That seems to work. I will give it a try now with a bunch of songs within the next weeks.

Thanks also for the forum hints. Much appreciated.
Thanks a lot!
© PG Music Forums