PG Music Home
Posted By: dsw67 _SOLFUNK.STY style not found - 10/25/12 12:10 PM
Yesterday I quickly composed a tune and saved the BIAB file on my desktop.

This morning I went to open it and I get the following message, '_SOLFUNK.STY style not found'

How can I correct this? Attached is the file and a shot of the error message.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B2zYcxzQACL4N0hLbnRTbC1VOEU

Here's a link to the error image:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B2zYcxzQACL4d0g0Si1qVHpPTUE
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: _SOLFUNK.STY style not found - 10/25/12 04:16 PM
It means that _SOLFUNK.STY is not found in your \Band-in-a-Box\Styles folder or in the same folder as the song file. Perhaps you are running a different installation of Band-in-a-Box than you were yesterday (e.g. on a different hard drive)? Do a search on your mac for _SOLFUNK and see where it is...
Posted By: dsw67 Re: _SOLFUNK.STY style not found - 10/26/12 12:47 AM
I searched my mac and found it under Applications > Band-In-a-Box > Styles > _SOLFUNK.STY. Its there with all the other styles.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B2zYcxzQACL4MXd2Mnozem8yRDQ

Yet, when I open a song I created using this style I still get the error message saying it can't be found.

I use BIAB directly from the UltraPlusPak external hard drive, and I save all my files there. I can't understand how it cannot find the style.

I also tried playing the demo song that features this style. Again I got the error message "_solfunk.sty not found'

Quote:

Perhaps you are running a different installation of Band-in-a-Box than you were yesterday (e.g. on a different hard drive)?

Nope, same version, same computer, same everything.
Posted By: JayO Re: _SOLFUNK.STY style not found - 10/26/12 01:10 AM
Have you tried using Disk Utility to repair permissions on the drive ?
Usually when files are physically there, but not accessible from within a program it points to permission trouble.

If you select the file in the Finder and do "Get Info" on it is there "Read and Write" permissions for the account you're using ?

- Jay
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: _SOLFUNK.STY style not found - 10/26/12 07:23 PM
Strange... how about if you copy the _SOLFUNK.STY style to the same folder as you have your song saved?
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: _SOLFUNK.STY style not found - 10/27/12 03:07 AM
I use BIAB directly from the UltraPlusPak external hard drive, and I save all my files there. I can't understand how it cannot find the style.

If you re running bb from th USB drive, then bb willl look for the style in the styles folder of the USB drive, not the main drive.
Posted By: dsw67 Re: _SOLFUNK.STY style not found - 10/30/12 01:30 PM
Well, I found a solution.

I created a new folder on the external BIAB drive called 'Originals', and placed the song there. After closing BIAB and restarting it began to work correctly using the correct style.

So my question is, do you have to keep songs on the same drive as the styles folder in order for the song to find the correct style?
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: _SOLFUNK.STY style not found - 10/31/12 04:03 AM
))) So my question is, do you have to keep songs on the same drive as the styles folder in order for the song to find the correct style

No, you can have songs on any drive. Just make sure that your styles folder is in the same folder as your Band-in-a-Box application that you are running.
Posted By: dsw67 Re: _SOLFUNK.STY style not found - 10/31/12 11:03 AM
Thanks for your help everyone. ;-)
© PG Music Forums