PG Music Home
I am a songwriter that uses Logic Pro 9.1.8 as my main DAW on a MAC Pro Dual (2.66) processor, 12-core with 32 gig of ram. I also have more plug-in virtual instruments and processors than one can actually use and have a library of over 20,000 Apple Loops. As I stated I am a songwriter/producer who is mainly a vocalist/guitar player. There are frequent occassions when I work alone in my studio and other session players (keyboards, etc.) are not available to lay down tracks for my song demos. This is the main reason I I am looking into BIAB 12.5 (or 13 when it is available for MAC) to provide me with built in session players that are ALWAYS available, 24/7. My main concern however, is as follows: Can BIAB audio and MIDI tracks be transfered into audio and MIDI tracks in Logic Pro 9.1.8. If YES, what is the degree of difficulty in accomplishing this? The answer to this is critical to my decision regarding purchasing BIAB 12.5 (or 13 when available) to use in my studio set up.
After you create your project in BIAB you can drag the individual parts to a "drop" box that appears in the
upper left of BIAB main screen . It is converted to aiff in less than a minute. If Logic is open, create a track,
then drag the aiff part from the drop box to a track in that program.

If I correctly understand your question, the answer is that it is not difficult at all to do what you want.
I opened both programs, converted a track, transferred it to Logic in a matter of just a few minutes.
I do believe that each BIAB track has to be converted and "dropped" separately.

And hey it was all done at almost the midnight hour

Good luck
You can convert all audio RealTracks at once by clicking on the Audio button and then checking the Individual RealTracks box under the Render Tracks column. You can select the folder you want them placed in, so you can create a folder in a Logic project as the destination.

You can create a standard midi file by clicking on the Mid button and either save it to the Clipboard for copying into Logic or save it as file. Again, you select the destination folder.

I use Logic 9 and have no issues with workflow using BIAB.
© PG Music Forums