PG Music Home
Posted By: Cemil Looping a chorus - 09/14/14 01:00 PM
In BIAB 2013, is there any way to loop a particular chorus (say #3) without having to type in every single chorus of the song? It seems that the notation window is only looping the 4 bars on screen - I want to loop the whole chorus.

If not, has that been fixed in 2014? It is pretty annoying as it stands right now.
Posted By: solidrock Re: Looping a chorus - 09/15/14 12:50 AM
Can you just highlight it Copy & Paste ?
Edit: you should have in Edit menu Unfold to 1 big chorus then go down to the 3rd chorus highlight it copy it and paste it on the next bar below.
Posted By: Cemil Re: Looping a chorus - 09/16/14 07:23 PM
Yes, that's what I did, copy and paste the whole thing 6 times (the tune is choruses). Inelegant, but works.

I was just wondering if this was fixed in the new version. You can jump to a bar/chorus easy enough, but nothing more as it stands in 2013.
Posted By: TheSpanish Re: Looping a chorus - 09/16/14 08:39 PM
That is a feature existing in windows version, it's called conductor, and it is really useful because let you jump where you want while the song is playing. I think and hope the guys at PG will add the feature to mac version soon.
Posted By: solidrock Re: Looping a chorus - 09/16/14 09:52 PM
I have 2014 but I just put the Band-in-a-Bax_2013.app in and it has Edit > "Unfold to one big Chorus" also, so you should only have to copy n paste 1 chorus after you Unfold it.
In Realband it is just linear, that should be out in 2016 for Mac.
Posted By: Cemil Re: Looping a chorus - 10/11/15 12:46 PM
Originally Posted By: Cemil
In BIAB 2013, is there any way to loop a particular chorus (say #3) without having to type in every single chorus of the song? It seems that the notation window is only looping the 4 bars on screen - I want to loop the whole chorus.

If not, has that been fixed in 2014? It is pretty annoying as it stands right now.

A couple of years later, in 2015, it looks like this is not fixed (yet?).

Can we ever hope to have this functionality ?
Posted By: Icelander Re: Looping a chorus - 10/16/15 02:46 PM
If you got the '15 now, then maybe try the "Song Form"? It isn't a 'fix' as such, but makes doing repetitive typing less of a chore as it does it for you.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Looping a chorus - 10/17/15 09:31 AM
Cemil,

This may be a silly question but what do you need to loop chorus 3 for? The way BIAB is designed, all choruses are identical as far as chord progressions go. The only difference is that Chorus #2 uses the B partmarker instrumental and drum pattern.

Is there a musical advantage that looping Chorus #3 six times gives you as opposed to setting the number of choruses to 8?

Kind regards,
Noel
© PG Music Forums