PG Music Home
or is this yet another example of how mac users get short changed?
housemannh,

I have the PC version of BIAB and I have only ventured into the realm of repeats and 1st and 2nd endings a couple of times. From what I understand of these, they are more related to notation than anything else.

1st and 2nd endings

Regards,
Noel
The short answer to the actual questions: No, and YES OF COURSE WE ARE! crazy
Do they take some personal pride in doing this? Repeats, 1st and second endings cannot be blamed on it being an Apple thing that gets in the way. Product development should be tracking the disparity and resolving. We're paying the same money as windows users.
Indeed.... You're new, aren't you? wink
garrrrr I can't even figure out how to control my repeat x1 unless it just automatically runs it all based on how many choruses I type in. DESPAIR.
New mac BIAB user
I'm sure it wasn't this hard on BIAB for PC at my music school.... :-/

Atlantis
https://soundcloud.com/atlantisz
A-Z:

Despite Mr. Icelanders helpfulness, check out the "Song Form" function.

Here you can designate the order of play using "ABABC..." type direction.

You designate your various choruses as Part A or B or C or D, etc and the "form" then plays them back in the order you designate effectively giving you control of first and 2nd ending, codas etc.
Originally Posted By: Ron95
Despite Mr. Icelanders helpfulness, check out the "Song Form" function.

Couldn't help noticing the slice at me, heh.... in my 'defence' (as if I need one), I'll just say:

1. I'm a long time Mac user of BBox and as such I've had years of growing frustrations with the many, many things we Mac users keep getting shorth changed on, if not missing out on altogether.
2. This 'feature' you you offered as solution is one I cannot even use on my BBox, because it's only available via a button (i.e. no menu command) and it's off screen on my display (honestly, when are they ever going to add standard mac SCROLL BARS to all windows *sigh*).
© PG Music Forums