PG Music Home
Posted By: jackdnp121 how to create extra 2/4 bars in 4/4 songs - 07/19/15 11:36 AM
how to create extra 2/4 bars in 4/4 songs
Tried to find it but nothing seems to work
please help thank you smile
Posted By: Noel96 Re: how to create extra 2/4 bars in 4/4 songs - 07/19/15 04:32 PM
Hi jack,

Welcome to the forums.

With the Windows version of the program, it's necessary to go into "Bar Settings" and then to set the number of beats for that bar to "2". After that, it's also necessary to use Bar Settings to set the bar immediately following the 2 beat bar back to 4 beats.

For example, say you want a 2 beat bar at bar 12. Click on Bar 12, enter Bar Settings and set the number of beats to 2. Choose OK. Now click on bar 13, enter Bar Settings and set the number of beats to 4.

As mentioned, this is using the Windows version. I suggest looking for "Bar Settings" in Help. I imagine that the process won't be too different.

Regards,
Noel

Thanks man !~ thats what i thought
i did the same method that u told me , but when ever i use " real track ". the bar follow by the 2/4 bars will have no sound of instrument but only drum .
i don't know if thats a bug or not ...
Posted By: Noel96 Re: how to create extra 2/4 bars in 4/4 songs - 07/20/15 07:52 AM
jack,

I came across that problem earlier this year. Try the following.

Put a chord on the 3rd beat of the cell. It won't play, because only beats 1 and 2 work in 2/4 time, but it seems to solve the problem. From memory, you can simply repeat the chord that's on beat 1 or 2.

If the above doesn't work, try putting a chord on the 4th beat of the cell as well as the 3rd beat. As indicated above, neither of these beats are active in 2/4.

Let's know how you go.

All the best,
Noel

thats awesome it worked !!! thanks a lot man ! cool
© PG Music Forums