PG Music Home
Posted By: A-Z how can i insert 1/2 a bar? - 08/03/15 10:47 PM
is it possible to insert a 1/2 bar?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: how can i insert 1/2 a bar? - 08/04/15 03:35 AM
Hi Atlantis,

Here's how I go about doing it in the Windows version of the program (assuming your song is in 4/4 time)...

1. Click on the bar I want to make 2 beats. Go into "Bar Settings".

2. Set the bar to 2 beats. OK out of bar settings.

3. Click on the bar following the 2 beat bar. Go into bar settings and set the bar to 4 beats. (If you don't do this, every bar after the 2-beat bar will be 2 beats.)

That should do the job.

In a 2-beat bar, chords on beats 1 and 2 are the only ones that will play. I've found it necessary to add a chord to beat 3 because, without it, Realtracks don't always align time-wise. It doesn't matter what the chord is on beat 3 because it doesn't play in a 2-beat bar.

Hope this helps,
Noel

Posted By: A-Z Re: how can i insert 1/2 a bar? - 08/04/15 09:46 PM
ok thanks Noel I'll give that a try. yes its in 4/4. does that mean the following bars all stay as they are or will it push them all forward half a bar? does it change it to 2/4 timing or just allow a 4/4 bar with only 2 beats that plays?
cheers smile
Posted By: Noel96 Re: how can i insert 1/2 a bar? - 08/05/15 05:49 AM
Atlantis,

If you insert a bar and then change the timing to 2 beats, it will keep all the other bars intact. In BIAB, all bars have 4 potential locations for chords. In 3/4 time, only the first three of these locations are used. In 4/4 time, only the first two locations are used.

Hope this helps.
Noel

P.S. When you start playing around with it, you'll quickly get the hang of how it works.

Posted By: A-Z Re: how can i insert 1/2 a bar? - 08/11/15 11:35 PM
ok thank you smile
Posted By: Noel96 Re: how can i insert 1/2 a bar? - 08/12/15 06:24 AM
Atlantis,

Sorry... just to correct my above post because I'm pretty sure it's confusing! It should say...

"In 2/4 time, only the first two locations are used." and not "in 4/4 time..."

Regards,
Noel
© PG Music Forums